Author Topic: Burning Heaven Campaign Launched + Patch 1.1!  (Read 30415 times)

Offline CT27

Re: Burning Heaven Campaign Launched + Patch 1.1!
Maybe the problem is my internet speed.  If I may ask, what is your download speed?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
It worked for me last night (Firefox on Linux).  I don't think download speed would affect this; FWIW mine is 100MBits.

I'd recommend trying the link with a different browser, maybe your Chrome is being paranoid about downloading from FSFiles for some reason? (/longshot)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Linux OBS Packages: FSO 3.7.0 | FSO BP Build | wxLauncher (?) | PCS2 (?) | wxVPView (?)
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CT27

I don't have nearly that high unfortunately. 

I have tried it on Chrome and Firefox and both downloads seem to usually fail around 150-200MB.

Offline CT27

On all campaigns on sectorgames/fsfiles I get that no file error on Chrome, however the downloads are there on Firefox.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
It worked for me last night (Firefox on Linux).  I don't think download speed would affect this; FWIW mine is 100MBits.

I envy your internet connections. In my place, it's just 2 mbps at most. A 1 gig download or upload takes 3 to 4 days. 

What about

Code: [Select]
wget http://www.freespacemods.net/e107_plugins/download/request.php?829

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Whatever is going on with that Download, my up-to-date Firefox dislikes it too.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Um got a bit of an issue trying this on Knossos 0.7.1 .. on the first mission I'm supposed to "engage my boosters" but neither alt-j, tab nor throttle up do this.  Am I missing something here or is this supposed to be an automated cutscene that doesn't fire right?  Also ... why are there FS2 ships before the GTVA even exists?  Again, this may just be an issue with the install but if it is it's a big one.

Offline PIe

Um got a bit of an issue trying this on Knossos 0.7.1 .. on the first mission I'm supposed to "engage my boosters" but neither alt-j, tab nor throttle up do this.  Am I missing something here or is this supposed to be an automated cutscene that doesn't fire right?  Also ... why are there FS2 ships before the GTVA even exists?  Again, this may just be an issue with the install but if it is it's a big one.
You have to press Shift-J.  It tells you this in the directives menu, but it's hard to see.
As for the FS2 ships, you'd have to talk to the original campaign creator, who is no longer around.