Author Topic: Ravana Pic  (Read 4889 times)

Offline Riven

Here's my latest (and only 2nd) pic.
So what du u think?

Plus i posted sumin in the modding forum but no one replied, does anyone have all the ships as textured COBs because TS2 is crap and i have to manually texture the whole model (after many mistakes and crashes this ravana took about 4hours!)

Pls help and enjoy:

Offline Redfang

It's very good! :nod::yes:

A little dark, but maybe it should be. And I don't like those lens flares (overused?), but otherwise it's very good. :yes2:

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
It needs some Manticores swarming around it and maybe a little less light on the red pipe bit.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Very nice for a second render;) only the Halo needs to be behind the ravana instead over the ravana:) otherwise very good.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by darkage
the Halo needs to be behind the ravana instead over the ravana:)

nope dude, hallo is how it should be
SCREW CANON!

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by venom2506

nope dude, hallo is how it should be

I don't agree:D
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
you should: hallo is a lense effect, and appears, guess where? yeah, on the lense ;)
SCREW CANON!

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Very nice :yes2::eek2::yes: though the Ravana model itself could benefit from a bit of rounding (especially around the tubes).

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
I really dont like that flare, try making the center of the light bigger, less streaks... Ship seems a bit distorted too...

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by venom2506
you should: hallo is a lense effect, and appears, guess where? yeah, on the lense ;)

:doh: :D
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Riven

Ravana model itself could benefit from a bit of rounding (especially around the tubes).

I also noticed this but couldn't find a way of doing it. Does anyone know how to do it in TS2 without rebuilding the model?

I personally think the halo should be behind the ravana but i added this later in photoshop as TS2 doesn't have any lensflare. I may try green screening it and putting the halo behind but i dunno.

Here's the latest version with a few more ships and some motion blur. Do you think the ravana looks too static?

« Last Edit: June 04, 2002, 03:46:16 pm by 767 »

Offline Redfang

It's good, :yes: and I don't think a big ship like Ravana going slow needs motion blur. The sun isn't that good, and it looks like it's behind the nebula.

Offline Anaz

I think it is very cool :D

I thought the lensflare looked rather good on the top one
Arrr. I'm a pirate.

AotD, DatDB, TVWP, LM. Ph34r.

You WILL go to warpstorm...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Wow dude, that's perfect. :yes:  Great job!
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Riven

The sun isn't that good, and it looks like it's behind the nebula.

Thats not a sun, that's the Cappella system as viewed from Shivan space several days after the supernova!

I used a compination of real nebular images and some from the game.

In the demo of TS5 i tried smoothing the ravana but it completely messed up the model so i'm gona try adding cylinders instead.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
That second one really kicks ass, especially since you've made it look good and using FS2 backgrounds... well done!

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Excellent job.
~Delta

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
needs more stars. The cureent amount makes it look... empty.

Otherwise, since its done in TS2, GREAT JOB
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Riven

needs more stars. The cureent amount makes it look... empty.

I agree:nod:. I only used a screen shot from FRED but now i have made a much better texture in photoshop.

Does anyone know a good site for hi-res planetary textures? i can't seem to find any good ones.

Expect to see more from me soon

kill the lensflare or reduce it the ravana supposed to be at the center of attention right...
Bah who needeed the Colossus when all we needed was 30 Fenrises