Author Topic: [WIP] The Aftermath II: The Blue Guardian  (Read 5408 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: [WIP] The Aftermath II: The Blue Guardian
A new update for the Reboot is released. Check the Release OP.

There are a whole bunch of Ancient destroyers out there that you can probably easily retexture green to make them look Romulan.
AKA [`_`]
Inferno: It's the I in Inferno / It's the beam spam delight / Risin' up to a shock jump arrivaaaaaal
Between The Ashes: Look just a really cool and neat thing, OK?
The Last Stand: A very episodic capship command mini-campaign
Dimesional Eclipse: An experiment gone horribly right
Breakthrough: A pretty standard but not really capship command mission

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Hmm... That's a good idea. I didn't thought about it. Maybe I will use one of those Ancient ships. Transformed it and add more turrets then re-texture it. Thanks JSR.

By the way, I am "dissecting" the BTA missions to learn some techniques in mission designs. There's a lot of good stuff in there. I practically merorized every SEXP and know what its for but I don't how to apply some of them in a design. I tend to use the simpler approach.

Offline CT27

For what it's worth, I'm working on writing the plot of the first mission of Act 3 now and am awaiting approval for the script from Herkie.

Offline CT27

I'm sorry there hasn't been an update recently, I hope Herkie is okay.

Anyways, just for fun, here's a list of the conflicts that have occurred in "The Aftermath:  Reboot" universe up to Aftermath II (basically this universe's canon):

The Terran-Vasudan War (FS1)
The Great War (FS1)
Operation Templar
Hades Rebellion (ST/ST:R)
Deneb counterinsurgency campaign (Shrouding The Light)
NTF Rebellion (FS2)
Second Incursion (FS2)
Unified Pirate Coalition War (The Aftermath:  Reboot)
Third Shivan War (The Aftermath:  Reboot)

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

Offline CT27

Thank you for that, but I'm not sure if this will get made now.  I guess I'm kind of defacto 2nd in command of this project but Herkie (project leader) was going to do all the designing/etc (I was plot writer for this).  We were working at a good rate and had about half the storyline wrote out...if we kept working at that pace it's likely this could have been out a couple months ago. 

Herkie hasn't posted here in almost a year unfortunately.  Last I heard he was involved in some dangerous military work in the Philippines (I had permission to post that general statement) so I hope he's okay and it's just that he's too busy with work to post right now and that he'll come back eventually.

Offline 5thAce

Thank you for that, but I'm not sure if this will get made now.  I guess I'm kind of defacto 2nd in command of this project but Herkie (project leader) was going to do all the designing/etc (I was plot writer for this).  We were working at a good rate and had about half the storyline wrote out...if we kept working at that pace it's likely this could have been out a couple months ago. 

Herkie hasn't posted here in almost a year unfortunately.  Last I heard he was involved in some dangerous military work in the Philippines (I had permission to post that general statement) so I hope he's okay and it's just that he's too busy with work to post right now and that he'll come back eventually.

As this may never get made, are you allowed to give a few tidbits of information? Like what the story for this campaign could have been about, possible locations and star systems, are the shivans still the enemy? Stuff like that if you can.

:wtf: bad taste much?

I for one would much rather hope for the best and wait for Herkie’s triumphant return whenever his tour is over. It’s a bit early yet to be asking about his stereo, right?
"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day to day living that wears you out." – Anton Chekhov

1 year might be a long time, but BengalTiger (TotT) and Raven (BWO) haven't been around for longer and they still intend to finish their projects.