Author Topic: RELEASE: Fortune Hunters 2261 (yes!)  (Read 37554 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: RELEASE: Fortune Hunters 2261 (yes!)
Strange no error here.  Select the debug build (has a d at the end) and run that.  It will produce a fs2_open.log file in your data directory.  Post that here using code tags. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline KC

OKAAAAAAAAAY... Now it gets ridiculous...

I can't run the debug build, it says something about the AI profiles and then crashes BEFORE the intro starts  :wtf:

Well, here comes the log file

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
You do not have Zathras set as the active mod.  You need to go to the mod tab in the launcher and select it. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline KC

doh! *shoots himself with a BFRed*

Oh and, thank you!  :)

I have been looking forward to this for months, and just when you haven't played TBP for a couple of weeks and don't visit the forums, there it is!
I'm starting downloading now.
Be aware that I am a big fan and was enormously impressed by parts I and II. So my expectations are rather high ;).
Ride! Ride now! Ride for death, ride for ruin!
And the world's ending!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Despite the German saying (roughly translated) "self praise stinks", I lean myself out of the window and state THEY WILL BE MET
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Yes, Eigenlob stinkt ^^. But not if it is well deserved. I just finished playing, and wanted to tell you that
Spoiler:
I hate you! ;) Seriously, it was a very good ending, but I had really started to LIKE these people by, er, the 5th mission of the firt campaign! Meh...

Thank you for three awesome campaigns, they were the best I have yet played on TBP, and probably on FS2, too.
And the world's ending!

Offline Vidmaster

People have been corrupted by Hollywood's tendency for ****ty endings. The end of Fortune Hunters is the logical conclusion, the end of the journey, the point where every element of the narrative comes together. It's wonderful, no matter how many people flame me for it  :cool:

LOOKING FOR VOICE ACTORS NOW!!! (click me)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:42:25 pm by Vidmaster »

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

That wasn't flaming, it is well thought-out and logical, but
Spoiler:
saaaaad...
And the world's ending!

Great job! This is a fantastic campaign and a real joy playing. They way you worked everything in to the B5 storyline was genious.

Great campaign, I really enjoyed it and I personally thought the ending was perfect.

However, while playing it I may have found a bug.
Spoiler:
The mission "Into the Fire" does not finish properly if I fly a badger or a thunderbolt (I suspect anything other than the Nial) It gets to the part where I am sitting dead in space waiting to be rescued and gives me all the dialog, but it never moves on to the debriefing. After letting it sit for about 20 minutes each time I used the escape menu o return to the main menu and "continue" the campaign. Which of course started me over at the command briefing prior to "Into the Fire". It worked fine when I went ahead and used the Nial.

Offline Vidmaster

Indeed, it's probably related to the subsystems of the Nial craft. This mission was not supposed to be flyable with any other craft and I simply forgot to check a specific flag  :)

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
The download link in the first post is broken. The campaign also isn't available on fsmods as far as I can see.

Could someone please fix this? Though I have a feeling that I'm gonna need a lot of cheating to beat this thing, I'd like to have a look at it to get some impressions for my coming Dilgar War project.

:)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Try grabbing it here while the link is down.  That should be the latest as it's the one I have in my stuff to go on DVD 2.0 at some point.

Offline Vidmaster

crap, Proxima Fleet is down. Not good, since that was my primary mirror for years now  :hopping:

Offline Vidmaster

Offline Nagrach

• Just another Freespacer
I've got several warnings when starting fortune hunters 2261 and one crashes the game when starting the second mission in 2261. Getting the log in the attachments

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Crabby the crappy crab crap.

-273 °C. Finally a place where I don't need to sweat.

Offline Vidmaster

you sure you are playing this with the newest version of Zathras and enabled Zathras in the launcher?

Offline Nagrach

• Just another Freespacer
I have redownloadad TPB, Zathras and Fortune hunters. Now it runs. Strange.
Crabby the crappy crab crap.

-273 °C. Finally a place where I don't need to sweat.

the link is down how can i find the last part of my journey :P
 IFind a working link to the campaing  but whitout the hotfix
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:42:56 pm by Marcusqc »