Author Topic: Forces deployed in the Sol Theater  (Read 59598 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Re: Forces deployed in the Sol Theater
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Haha, maybe we'll get that instead of Mr Cuddles next time someone wants to break a mission through cheats ^^.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
No, no, no. Bork the mission? Worm.pof

You'll never do that again, guaranteed.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Tev fans might be interested in this! (warning: some or all components may be intentional GTVI disinformation)

First Fleet
Honorary - symbolic role

Second Fleet - Delta Serpentis
2nd Battlegroup - GTD Carthage (Orion) - lost, was assigned CTG METIS/MORPHEUS Sol but outbound
19th Battlegroup - GTD Vengeance (Hecate), GTD Phoenicia (Hecate) - assigned CTG METIS/MORPHEUS Sol

Third Fleet - special tasking under SMOKEJUMP
5th Battlegroup - GTD Implacable (Titan), GTD Agamemnon (Erebus) - assigned CTG METIS/MORPHEUS Sol
6th Battlegroup - GTD Conquerant (Titan), GTD Menelaus (Erebus) - assigned CTG NEMESIS Vega

Fourth Fleet - Vega
13th Battlegroup - GTD Meridian (Hecate), GTD Hood (Hecate) - assigned CTG METIS/MORPHEUS Sol/Delta Serpentis
16th Battlegroup - GTD Requiem (Hecate), GTD Messana (Orion) - assigned CTG METIS/MORPHEUS Sol/Delta Serpentis

Fifth Fleet - Beta Aquilae
14th Battlegroup - GTD Temeraire (Titan), GTD Orestes (Erebus) - assigned CTG NEMESIS Beta Aquilae
15th Battlegroup - GTD Imperieuse (Titan), GTD Atreus (Erebus) - assigned CTG METIS/MORPHEUS Sol

Sixth Fleet - Epsilon Pegasi
17th Battlegroup - GTD Pallas (Titan), GTD Ilium (Hecate) - assignment unconfirmed
10th Battlegroup - GTD Aquitaine (Hecate), GTD Khalid ibn al-Walid (Hecate) - assigned CTG NEMESIS Epsilon Pegasi

Seventh Fleet - Polaris
7th Battlegroup - GTD Sundiata (Hecate), GTD Majestic (Hecate) - assigned CTG HESTIA Polaris
9th Battlegroup - GTD Aeneas (orion), GTD Ch'iao Kuo (hecate) - assigned CTG NEMESIS Polaris

Eighth Fleet - Regulus
4th Battlegroup - GTD Stalingrad (Hecate), GTD Sitting Bull (Hecate) - assigned CTG HESTIA Regulus
12th Battlegroup - GTD Frederick the Great (Orion), GTD Nagato (Hecate) - assigned CTG NEMESIS Regulus

Ninth Fleet - Sirius
11th Battlegroup - GTD Andalusia (Hecate), GTD Thunderer (Orion) - assigned CTG HESTIA and special COIN, Sirius

Tenth Fleet - Laramis
3rd Battlegroup - GTD Yi Sun-sin (Orion) - assigned CTG HESTIA Laramis and special regional rapid response (CTG MORPHEUS)

Eleventh Fleeet - Luyten 726-8
8th Battlegroup - GTD Hector (Orion), GTD Victorious (Hecate) - assigned CTG NEMESIS and special SIGINT Luyten 726-8

Twelfth Fleet - Wolf 359
18th Battlegroup - GTD Aminatu (Hecate) - assigned CTG HESTIA Wolf 359

Thirteenth Fleet - Ross 128
1st Battlegroup - GTD Illustrious (Hecate), GTD Yashima (Hecate) - assigned CTG NEMESIS and regional rapid response Ross 128

19 Hecates, 7 Orions, 5 Titans, 4 Erebus, 35 destroyers total
11* destroyers assigned to METIS/MORPHEUS, 14 to NEMESIS, 8 to HESTIA, 2 unconfirmed
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:20:04 pm by General Battuta »

Offline crizza

GTD Khalid ibn al-Walid - Hecate or Orion?

Ad what is a CTG? Carrier Task Group?

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Isn't that . . . 3/4 of the Tevs total destroyer fleet? They assigned all that to Sol?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That's pretty much the entire Tev destroyer fleet. This is a global list of all destroyers, not just those in Sol. Note the tasking information with each battlegroup.

I see that big A is still in service :)
There's lots of interesting stuff written here ...

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
Wonder how much of that is GTVI propoganda
Stuff

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
GTD Khalid ibn al-Walid, eh? Try to fit that on a nameplate!  :p

METIS/MORPHEUS is obviously the Sol invasion fleet, but what are the other two CTGs? Anti-Shivan reserves?
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
METIS is Sol invasion probably. MORPHEUS is... something more. That NEMESIS is pretty foreboding too.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I am guessing METIS probably has something to do with assimilating UEF individuals into the GTVA? Nemesis totally sounds like Shivan watch. Hestia is probably the peacekeeper group assigned to prevent revolutionary radicals.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Morpheus is Bosch.  :eek:
el hombre vicio...

Offline crizza

Military Expedition Tasked with Invason of Sol?
With Hstia being a virgin goddess of the hearth, architecture, and the right ordering of domesticity, the family and the state, one could think these means securing of colonisation projects and so on.
Well and Nemesis...most likely it is about punishing vengeance/retribution against the shivans...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well and Nemesis...most likely it is about punishing vengeance/retribution against the shivans...

Or to defend against the old Nemesis' return.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

Ah, as Nemesis like antagonist, my bad.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'd be super grateful if somebody wikified that GTVA destroyer group list. Feel free to link it to the FREDZone Fleet Org page too.

I'd be super grateful if somebody wikified that GTVA destroyer group list. Feel free to link it to the FREDZone Fleet Org page too.

The first bit's done. I've taken a partial stab at getting the OrBats for the other groups in there too, but nowhere near done yet. I'm working from various disparate and possibly out-of-date data, so I don't know if the rest is even accurate.

I don't know where the FREDZone Fleet Org page is, so if someone else could link it, I'd appreciate it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You are the best.

It isn't that simple.  Even the Tevs haven't bothered refitting Capella-era ships with blue beams, because the amount of work required to completely overhaul, say, a Hecate just isn't worth the time and resources.  Hell, the Carthage has been refitted with a new reactor, but it still can't carry modern beams.  You may as well build a new ship instead.  And these are ships already armed with beam cannons.

UEF power grids are simply not made to handle the massive draw of a beam cannon, and you can't just take one ship's power grid and put it on another.

Not to mention the additional cooling systems that would be required for a bigger power system. All that excess heat has to go somewhere.