Author Topic: HEF Blizzard [Released]  (Read 21553 times)

HEF Blizzard [Released]
*================================================================*
UPDATE: Release!

Okay here it is, what everyone has been waiting for what felt like forever... I feel that way here as well. The final adjustments have been made mere hours ago and here it is:

HEF_Blizzard.zip 59mb
http://freespacemods.net/download.php?view.652 (FSMods Mirror)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xtwaff5dxv7h7fr/HEF_BlizzardFighter.zip (Mediafire Mirror)

The zip file contains models of POF, DAE, and Max 2009 formats so it should be usable in almost any modeling program. The cockpit model however is not replaced and the textures it uses are default Tercocc and glass. So the inner cockpit view is kinda... meh. The PSD is 2048x2048 sadly. If demand is high enough I will upload the original gargantuan 4096x4096  :D..... which is 222mb....  :p.

I know I keep saying it in the readme and at least 'tried' to on FSMods, I would like for those who will use this (or any edit thereof) to inform me of their intentions and credit me as appropriate. Artists like to have their credits done  ;).

Alright folks, go nuts.

*Some Tips*

Inside the PSD the layers have been arranged and grouped into folders. I have included several layers that can be used to produce a heightmap so if you wish to change the heightmap but don't want to go through the pain of remaking one, there is one in there. Just make SURE to uncheck the overall maps, occlusion maps, base color and only have the heightmap layer, line layer, and the base flats layer enabled. This is so that you get neat normal maps and not messy ones. The glow map can also be generated from the PSD, just make sure you be smart about it  ;).

*================================================================*

Old Post

After MONTHS of excessive work (as well as long periods of not working...) I have finally 75% finished my fighter texture. The only thing I need are those misc details like warning labels and stuff as well as a glow map. But that can wait for later, as the vast majority of work is finally finished with great help from CrazyBump for making what would be a horrifying process into a one click gig.

One of the biggest reason this texture took weeks, maybe months of personal time was the sad sad lack of premade concept art to have an idea of where the plating and details go, but one reason is the tedious, handmade nature of the texture. 98% of the texture is hand done, hand marqueed, hand selected, hand painted. Nothing was pasted from other sources, maybe copied but always drawn by hand. Some small work still needs doing but overall the hardest of work is over.

13,000 Polygons (including cockpit, not included in screens)
A single 2048x2048 texture map with spec and normal map. Glow map not done yet.
No LODs yet.
Spec Map is still a bit simple, I need to add some color to prevent the blue from shining completely white.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:23:44 pm by Vengence »
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: Texture is Finally Complete!
I can has?  :p
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
* Droid803 drools.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Thanks for following my hint, Vengence. It's even better than the original Blizzard: details are quite impressive there! Please get it done, I told you many times I need it so badly... :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:46:49 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Delta_V

:eek2: Awesome.  Really ******* awesome. But...

13,000 Polygons

No LODs yet.

That could be a bit of a problem.  :shaking:  Truly an awesome ship, though.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
What is it?  To me it looks like something out of B5 along the lines of a T-bolt. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Blizzard:

[attachment deleted by admin]
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

I can has?  :p

Perhaps! But it depends >_>, do you want my own table entries? Or make your own?

:eek2: Awesome.  Really ******* awesome. But...

13,000 Polygons
No LODs yet.

That could be a bit of a problem.  :shaking:  Truly an awesome ship, though.

Problem for now. I plan on using aggressive LODing to fix that. I made this model to sort of appeal to a higher level of detail than normal, considering the 2048x2048 map.

What is it?  To me it looks like something out of B5 along the lines of a T-bolt.  

Mhm, indeed big influence. I like B5 designs.

Mobius:
Yup that is the OLD Blizzard made back in like 2006 or something. Oddly high poly at 4000 polygons back then. Really no idea why. But yes, thanks for the comparison.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:49:11 pm by Vengence »
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken