Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 190404 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within
 :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe: :snipe:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

The third one has yet to be announced.

Actually, do you want to discuss the content of every mission on the forum now?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Bryan, why are you trying to create new missions instead of making sure what you've already released is fixed?

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
In other words, it could be about anything, at any random timepoint.
Yes. That's what I'm thinking all this while.

I'm currently FREDding two missions, the first one is nearly complete, and the second, has begun. The second has Vasudans referencing the events happened in the Mortal Engines movie, the UIMS invasion and even what happens next that involves the ritual suicide of the PVN's high-ranking officers and the Hammer of Light before the battle. It will feature the Shivan ship, the SBs Sariel, which has started more than 4 years ago. The Sariel is what I wanted to create.

Will your first mission be Capship Command?
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
In other words, it could be about anything, at any random timepoint.
Yes. That's what I'm thinking all this while.

I'm currently FREDding two missions, the first one is nearly complete, and the second, has begun. The second has Vasudans referencing the events happened in the Mortal Engines movie, the UIMS invasion and even what happens next that involves the ritual suicide of the PVN's high-ranking officers and the Hammer of Light before the battle. It will feature the Shivan ship, the SBs Sariel, which has started more than 4 years ago. The Sariel is what I wanted to create.

Will your first mission be Capship Command?
Nope, but I have some Capship Command mission in mind, that will take place sometime in this Act, maybe towards the end, where you assume a cruiser (a Raguel or Daeva or any other cruiser). I will show you a Capship Command mission soon enough. Rest assured, all missions will feature player introns.

These screenshots show the WIP mission's eye candy. The first screenshot shows the Samael destroyer and the Beelzeboul frigate engaging both Asarte and Typhon destroyers from the alternate universe's Parliamentary Vasudan Navy (the Asarte is something that needs to be remodelled). The second and third screenshots are from the third mission. The second shows the Beta Cygni jump node, with one of the Deathballs (from Galaxian 3, Starblade and Star Ixiom) in the foreground. The third shows Shivan capships traversing through the dense asteroid field.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Act 1 is now underway, but I need your help, at least in modelling.

Here's the WIP shot:

Geez, what are the Shivans doing there at the now-destroyed Earth, previously the setting of the 2018 Mortal Engines film? Are they searching for something? Or what did Tom and Hester think as they sifted the cremation of dust and bones, staring into the mute remains for a key, some solution to their plight? Or what did the children of humanity (the UIMS) think before them?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 02:41:57 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

but I need your help, at least in modelling.

Drop as many ships as you need until you reached the amount you can do yourself. When making campaigns, you shouldn't rely on other people to jump in and help you getting it done, and in your case TBH it is unlikely that somebody with the needed skill will.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

Drop as many ships as you need until you reached the amount you can do yourself. When making campaigns, you shouldn't rely on other people to jump in and help you getting it done, and in your case TBH it is unlikely that somebody with the needed skill will.
But it may be used later in the Act, and may be appear in Act 2.

I think it may be better if Acts 1 and 2 be released as one, much like BP:WIH. Care must be taken as if I want it to suceed.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Mayyyyybe, just maybe, take into consideration that BP also has a proper dev team, a coherent design plan, years of work etc. While you are one person, with rather limited abilities and so far, due to the infamous first release of SS, demonstrated that you're not capable of working on truly massive projects such as those. Keep it small, keep custom assets out of the equation, make a couple small missions here and there, stay within FS2 territory before trying anything big and ambitious like a total conversion (rich of me to say, my first release is a tc microcampaign but my point still stands).

Point is, it's not a good idea to work on what seems to be a massive project, by yourself, let alone on two whole acts of this project.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

But it may be used later in the Act, and may be appear in Act 2.

Are you talking about a single ship or an entire bunch of things?

he s most broke projact maker ive ever known bryan see

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
I can't take this anymore.

Geez, what are the Shivans doing there at the now-destroyed Earth, previously the setting of the 2018 Mortal Engines film? Are they searching for something? Or what did Tom and Hester think as they sifted the cremation of dust and bones, staring into the mute remains for a key, some solution to their plight? Or what did the children of humanity (the UIMS) think before them?

I don't think anybody but you cares
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

I can't take this anymore.

You managed to withstand this for 5 months, 16 days and 15 hours since OP. Congratulations! Many people wouldn't have resisted this long without going completly crazy.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Mayyyyybe, just maybe, take into consideration that BP also has a proper dev team, a coherent design plan, years of work etc. While you are one person, with rather limited abilities and so far, due to the infamous first release of SS, demonstrated that you're not capable of working on truly massive projects such as those. Keep it small, keep custom assets out of the equation, make a couple small missions here and there, stay within FS2 territory before trying anything big and ambitious like a total conversion (rich of me to say, my first release is a tc microcampaign but my point still stands).

Point is, it's not a good idea to work on what seems to be a massive project, by yourself, let alone on two whole acts of this project.

Blue Planet AoA was a one man job though.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Battuta's right, BP:AOA was a one man job. The first release is the Teaser Demo, meant to be one similar to the FreeSpace Alpha and the FreeSpace 2 Demo. Now the issues appear to be fixed. Isn't it.

I strongly favor massive and ambitious total-conversions and I even tend to rant about them from time to time, but I think it might be good for me (and newbies) to start something small, without custom assets and small missions.

Should I leave Shattered Stars for the time being? Or I find someone who can? Or I continue to work on it as if it is like BP:AOA?

SS:ADW is like BP:AOA.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Darius is good at mods though.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam

Blue Planet AoA was a one man job though.

I mean I was largely referring to WiH. Although, color me surprised nonetheless because AoA is still quite impressive, making it even more impressive that it was, well, a solo job.
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

Darius is good at mods though.

Absolutely. :yes:

I mean I was largely referring to WiH. Although, color me surprised nonetheless because AoA is still quite impressive, making it even more impressive that it was, well, a solo job.

Original WoD was Spoons soloproject with 25+ missions and all ships made from scratch. It's not like it's impossible... but you need skills for that (and time).

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I strongly favor massive and ambitious total-conversions and I even tend to rant about them from time to time, but I think it might be good for me (and newbies) to start something small, without custom assets and small missions.

Should I leave Shattered Stars for the time being? Or I find someone who can? Or I continue to work on it as if it is like BP:AOA?

That sounds like an awesome plan.  Start small and build your skills.  Even though AoA was a one-man project, I doubt that was the first thing Darius worked on.  Seems like I saw that name a lot when I was reading about Inferno in my early HLP days. 

As your skills grow, so will your ability to introduce new assets and FSO features into your work.   That will also give you time for your SS storyline to gel, resulting in a more consistent and enjoyable experience when you resume working on the mod.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

This is the most sane thing I've ever heard you say.