Author Topic: RELEASE: What If - Another Great War  (Read 61182 times)

Re: RELEASE: What If - Another Great War
http://stormfront.hard-light.net/JunkProductions/WhatIf.html

edit:
Now I noticed website exists but dl links are dead :nervous:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:04:19 am by tomimaki »

Offline Lorric

SF-Junky is still around. You could try PMing him, he might be interested in restoring his links.

I found in other topic:
I've seen this thread just now, so sorry for not having answered. The versions of Storm Front which are currently available in public are all very old and outdated. I've been working on a major Upgrade (and episode III)  for a couple of years now which has made some great progress lately. I hope to get it released until next year. Until then the least disappointing and annoying thing to do might to consider Storm Front a (partially) defunct and extremely outdated campaign.

So the best thing is to wait for re-release (I know it's for StormFront but What if depends on it) :)

edit:
Here is What If:
http://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/?dir=uploads/Projects%20-%20Campaigns%20-%20TCs/Campaigns/SCP%20Campaigns
but it's broken.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:44:53 pm by tomimaki »

Check Knossos for a new release of What If. DLing right now

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
FYI, I am currently working on a full rework of all my campaigns, What If - Another Great War among them. I hope to be finished until the end of the year. So if you have a little patience you can play a recent, polished version.

LoL, totally forgot there's even a website of mine. :lol:

Offline AdDur

What If is in general very good and requires little polishing... Although second GTI loop is a bit boring in comparision to rest of campaign...

Offline SF-Junky

What If is in general very good and requires little polishing...
I agree generally. But after some 10 years it's time again imho. Plus I've made some general changes to the entire StormFront mod package which require giving AGW an overhaul.

Offline AdDur

Well one thing i wasn't very fond in What If was that Shivans kinda were known threat from a start, and there already was a cease fire with Vasudans...

Offline SF-Junky

Well one thing i wasn't very fond in What If was that Shivans kinda were known threat from a start, and there already was a cease fire with Vasudans...
That actually came from the FS reference bible: https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/FreeSpace_Reference_Bible

What If sticks a little closer to this guideline here and there compared to what :v: finally did in FS1.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
FYI, I am currently working on a full rework of all my campaigns, What If - Another Great War among them. I hope to be finished until the end of the year. So if you have a little patience you can play a recent, polished version.

LoL, totally forgot there's even a website of mine. :lol:
Nice! I like What If's take of the Shivans and it's bigger scale. Looking forward to playing the reworked version. :)

I'm finding the Avenging Angels mission to be glitched in the current Knossos version (2.2.6-Nova).

I successfully disable the transport and the Fenris, and my wingmen destroy all the enemy fighters, but then either the Leviathan just circles impotently forever, or the Fenris somehow jumps out with dead engines and the mission is rated a success.  In the latter case, the debrief screen nonsensically contains both success and failure text.