Author Topic: Unmoveable ships  (Read 6870 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
But that is one of the issues we hoped this flag would solve.  There is nothing wrong with the model itself it's something in the engine and that issue has been in mantis for ages.  It's reproducible with retail assets as well just hard to do due to insufficient docking points and locations. 

On that same model in prior testing the following works:

1 container docked anywhere
2 containers docked as long as one is at the front and one at the back (although this behavior seems to be somewhat different either in recent builds or due to having the flag enabled)
3 or 4 containers docked as long as 2 or 3 are on either front or back and you destroy the single one on the other side.

So something goes wrong with the engine when those containers are docked at angles.  Doesn't matter what is docked, size, etc.  I even reproduced the behavior with a simple long rectangle (which I think is attached to that old mantis report). 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What is the mantis ticket?

And if it's reproducible with retail assets, is that information in the mantis ticket?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=2112

Figured you knew as it's assigned to you.  It's not quite reproducible with retail but some modified assets were attached. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Well, it was assigned to me automatically; I didn't assign it to myself.  But now I see what you mean.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Eek - I was supposed to test this weeks ago. My bad, sorry goob. FWIW, it does exactly what it's supposed to for my stuff, solved a problem I'd been having with one particular shipyard setup tending to spontaneously tear itself apart - no such problem now. Only issue I came across was stuff didn't blow up, i.e. if you set the flag for the TGas-1, then kill it, it doesn;t convert to debris, juts sits there untargetable. But that's not an issue for my stuff at at the moment as the things you might want to kill are often not the things that ought to be immobile.
So yeah. Delayed though it may be, thanks muchly for this. :D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Cool, you're welcome. :)