Author Topic: Weapon impact decal test builds  (Read 864 times)

Offline m!m

Re: Weapon impact decal test builds
Good point. I'll add support for specifying if the animation should be looping or not.

Offline Spoon

• ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ 淫画
Good point. I'll add support for specifying if the animation should be looping or not.
  :yes:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
That's good! I can blame the Windows driver since the hardware obviously supports it if Intel works :p
Probably because they're using the default WHQL driver. Intel users playing FSO should probably try to get their drivers from the intel website itself as those always have a bigger feature set than the WHQL drivers.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Offline m!m

I don't know how the Intel driver situation is on Windows but the screenshots by tomimaki look like there is something going wrong with the shaders so I guess that even the non-WHQL drivers won't work properly.

The builds in the first post have been updated and should support specifying whether the animation should loop or not. I have added documentation for that option to the first post.

I tried driver from Intel website but no change.

Offline m!m

I rebased the decal changes onto the latest master and the builds in the first post have been updated. I tried getting the decals to work with nebula environments but unfortunately I have not found a good solution for this which does not require extensive changes to the FSO rendering engine. For this reason, I chose to disable decal rendering when the mission is in a nebula. Obviously that is not the best solution but it is better than delaying this feature until I find a better solution for handling decals in nebulas.

I will open a pull request with these changes shortly so if you want something changed then now would be a good time to let me know :p

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Do slash beams leave glowing decals behind their path now?  ;7

Offline m!m

No, I haven't changed anything from the last test builds and beams are going to be pretty annoying to implement so it will probably take some time until you can have decals from beams.