Author Topic: Loading Screen/Mission Brief  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Loading Screen/Mission Brief
I am curious of the development of the mission brief and loading screen, are there going to be any major difference from the traditional FS2 screens? Or will we something entirely different? Like a clipboard that pilots might see in the mission briefing room?
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Re: Loading Screen/Mission Brief
You can count on it being something completely different and full on awesome. There's a pic of the pilot selection screen around here somewhere and it qualifies on both points.

Edit: Here it is.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 01:48:03 am by rscaper1070 »
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Mission briefings might not be that different actually. It depends on how much time we have to pretty things up and try new stuff during the final phases of development.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Felix 039

• The One True Noob
Hmm, the selection screen looks cool. I must have missed that eye candy thread, but having a real photo on the console seems a little weird.
Turning pros into noobs since 1992.
---
Oh look, there's something down here!

No there isn't...

Offline newman

Hmm, the selection screen looks cool. I must have missed that eye candy thread, but having a real photo on the console seems a little weird.

Yes, pretty much everyone and their grandmother finds it weird, it'll probably be removed.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Minority says otherwise :p

Offline Fish

• Nugget
I don't mind leaving it there... just add more of them. I get that it might be like the classic family photo tucked into the controls of your fighter, but it's not there... it's at the pilot selection screen. Surely it's more analagous to have a memorial wall for the entire air wing on display at that point?
<><

Offline newman

Minority says otherwise :p

Minority being you and only you. Negative feedback is pretty much the only feedback you received on that thing. Time to let go, buddy. It either needs more of them or that one removed. Just the one is totally out of place.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb