Author Topic: Looking for Xbox360 Xpadder/pinnacle profiles for Diaspora Shattered Armistice  (Read 5348 times)

Offline RedHed

Looking for Xbox360 Xpadder/pinnacle profiles for Diaspora Shattered Armistice
Hi all,

I've just discovered this game and before I try it. Has anyone got a full Xpadder profile they could post please (thrusters and throttle/triggers etc)  I'd like to try out a couple if possible.

I only game with gamepad and or joystick (when I have one). Gamepad at the moment.  Xbox360 or Cyborg V.5 rumble pad.

Thank you kindly if you can.

regards
-RedHed
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:09:16 am by RedHed »

Offline RedHed

Re: Looking for Xbox360 Xpadder profiles for Diaspora Shattered Armistice
Anyone?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It appears as though no one else has the same setup as you. I'm a little surprised about that to be honest.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline RedHed

Thanks for the reply anyway.

An xpadder or pinnacle profile will do.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Re: Looking for Xbox360 Xpadder/pinnacle profiles for Diaspora Shattered Armistice
I tried playing with a PS3 controller on the FSO engine once years before Diaspora was released. But there were too many buttons to map to the game pad, that I just couldn't react quickly enough with a game pad. I'm not sure if a 360 controller would be any different.

If someone were to mod to utilize a rail script or maybe the Freelancer mouse script (I've never tried it), that might help with making game pads more effective. Wasn't there talks about revamping the code for mapping the controls? That might help lots too.

Re: Looking for Xbox360 Xpadder/pinnacle profiles for Diaspora Shattered Armistice

Offline RedHed

Thanks guys for the replies.  And thank you Roughrider,  I've heard of the name Glovepie but never tried it because I don't get on well with tricky interfaces.  But I'm going to give this a try,  I've not installed the game yet...been holding off, so thanks for taking the time and doing this.   I'll report back soon.

Roughrider, is this what you would consider a good xbox360 layout then,  looking at your layout image it does to me :)    And yes I need an image, I'll pop it on my side LCD screen same place as I use xpadder/afterbuner/temps monitoring etc usually so I can just glance over for visual layout reference.

*Edit:
I'm having a problem not seeing the Glovepie  'save as' window, or the 'open'  window.  Win764bit.   I can paste your script in, do I press 'run' ?    so I am guessing it works to that point,  but I don't seem to be able to get the 'save as' window up to save this setup,  or even the 'save'.   I have to paste the script in every time, it will not save, or show the 'save as' window.   

I also see a red error highlighted in the script on line:

button (Fire secondary).

(14 function or key name expected instead of "button"

is this ok to ignore?

Also... will rumble work or does that also need some script

Any thoughts on the no 'save as' or 'save',  this error above, and rumble.  And lastly, do I just need Glovepie on it's own.  I have the MS xbox360 latest drivers and that software installed from windows update.

-Jonny
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:00:43 am by RedHed »

So you fire up GlovePie, paste the code in then go to "File" then click on "Save As" and nothing happens? Make sure the script is not running beforehand. Also, I've not mapped anything to the rumble on my device. You just need your 360 controller plugged in, and glovepie running.

It appears you have a copy paste problem as:
------------------------------------
button (Fire secondary) .
------------------------------------
is part of a comment line.

Here is the code:

// Map the Xbox Controller to a specific set of FreeSpace 2 Keyboard and Mouse controls

// Map the Right Analogue Stick (XInput1.Joy2X/Y) to the Mouse
// Note that the numeric value affects the speed of the turning, and we use a deadzone of 0.2 to prevent 'twitching'.
mouse.DirectInputX = mouse.DirectInputX + 25 * deadzone(XInput1.Joy2X, 0.2)
mouse.DirectInputY = mouse.DirectInputY - 25 * deadzone(XInput1.Joy2Y, 0.2)

// Map the Right trigger to the left mouse button (Fire Primary) and the Left Trigger to the right mouse button (Fire secondary).
// Use a threshold of 0.5 as this is an analogue input but we are converting it to a digital input
keyboard.Space = XInput1.RightTrigger > 0.5
keyboard.LeftControl = XInput1.LeftTrigger > 0.5

// Map the two shoulder buttons (LB/RB) to 'Afterburner' and 'Countermeasures'
keyboard.Semicolon = XInput1.RightShoulder
keyboard.Tab = XInput1.LeftShoulder

// Map the X axis of the left stick to 'bank left/right' controls
keyboard.Q = XInput1.Joy1X < -0.5
keyboard.E = XInput1.Joy1X > 0.5

// Map the Y axis of the left stick to 'Maximum/Zero throttle'
keyboard.Backslash = XInput1.Joy1Y > 0.5
keyboard.Backspace = XInput1.Joy1Y < -0.5

// Map the left thumb stick button to 'Glide' and the right thumbstick button to 'Match Target Speed'
keyboard.LeftAlt and G = XInput1.LeftThumb
keyboard.M = XInput1.RightThumb

// Map the back button to 'Target Sub-System' and the start button to 'Auto-Target Hostile'
keyboard.U = XInput1.Back
keyboard.LeftAlt and H = XInput1.Start

// Map A to 'Next Target', X to 'Next Hostile', Y to 'Next Friendly' and B to 'Bomber/Bomb Targeting'
keyboard.T = XInput1.A
keyboard.H = XInput1.X
keyboard.F = XInput1.Y
keyboard.B = XInput1.B

// Map the DPad up to 'Down Thrust' and DPad down to 'Up Thrust'
keyboard.X = XInput1.Down
keyboard.Z = XInput1.Up

// Map the DPad left to 'Left Thrust' and DPad right to 'Thrust Right'
keyboard.A = XInput1.Left
keyboard.D = XInput1.Right

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 12:06:13 am by Roughrider »

Your not seeing this?

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline RedHed

Copy and paste problem yes (odd), and now resolved thank you.  No errors showing in red.

Save as - resolved now,  thanks.
I was running Glovepie as admin, and with 'disable visual themes' ticked based on posts on the glovepie forum....    Ticking 'disable visual themes'  was the problem with 'save as'  Once un-ticked I now see and can save/open.

I was curious to your thoughts on Xpadder from your other post.  What with Star Citizen coming up I am saving for my first joystick, a Saitek X52 - either the pro or normal.  Is the pro x52 better?   I like that most forums seem to think the x52 is a good place to start on a budget as its got the separate throttle which I need for my sofa/couch gaming. 

Will I have issues with xpadder and the x52,  I am assuming modern games will support it.  But have read on certain forums something people do to their x52's which is some mod.  voids the warranty.   I don't really know anything about joysticks, but want to get all set up for the SC dog fighting module.

I'll install the game soon and report back.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 10:44:10 am by RedHed »