Author Topic: FRED2 - Capital Ships don't fire missiles  (Read 2299 times)

Offline ECG163

FRED2 - Capital Ships don't fire missiles
So i'm trying to make a mission in the editor, but for some reason capital ships (basestars and battlestars) have zero ammo for their missiles, and no matter what i do, the ammo count in the weapons editor can't go above zero. The up and down arrows next to the ammo number are grey and cannot be clicked, and typing a number just resets it to zero when i close the menu. This isn't an issue for fighters. I have no idea how to fix this. Help?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:07:15 am by ECG163 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: FRED2 - Capital Ships have no missile ammo
Capship missile launchers have infinite ammo.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If you want to manage their firing you can lock/unlock them with a turret sexp. (Somewhere in the sexp list).

Offline ECG163

That doesn't solve the issue of them not firing their missiles. I probably should have mentioned that, but i just assumed that Basestars weren't firing missiles because they had no ammo. I tried using a turret-free-all command on both Basestars in my mission and that did nothing. Both Basestars never fire a single missile at anything.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's strange. Are you sure that the target is in their field of view?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ECG163

Re: FRED2 - Capital Ships don't fire missiles
Both Basestars are pointed roughly in the general direction of the Battlestars in the mission, and all Colonial and Cylon forces are marked as "friendly" and "hostile" respectively. The Battlestars start farther than 7500, but quickly close the gap to much less than that.
I have attached the mission file, i would greatly appreciate it if someone who has more experience with FRED2 than me could find the issue, as i am out of ideas as to what could be causing the problem.
And yes, i am aware that this mission sucks, you don't need to tell me.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 11:22:27 am by ECG163 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't suppose you've checked any "protect ship" boxes?

Offline ECG163

Well, that did it. I had completely forgotten about "Protect Ship". I enabled it for both Battlestars back before i knew how to use events, I thought enabling it would make it so the mission fails if any of the ships with it enabled are destroyed. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 04:11:17 pm by ECG163 »