Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98591 times)

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging
Stumps.
Hidden Text: Show
0:00:00 - Waiting Room
0:09:08 - Pre-Stream Banter

********** Deneb III **********
0:16:06 - Mission #1: Exodus
0:42:59 - Mission #2: Bear Necessities
1:33:12 - Dramatic Action Movie Scene
1:46:00 - Mission #3: Agnus Dei, Miserere Nobis
2:12:01 - The Big Moment

********** Shivans: Phantoms **********
2:32:22 - Mission #1: Silent Night
2:43:02 - Mission #2: Opening Shots
3:05:43 - Mission #3: Shadows on the Wall
3:16:11 - Mission #4: Strange Bedfellows
3:59:14 - Mission #5: A Declaration of War
4:11:31 - Post-Stream Banter

Offline CT27

When suggesting campaigns in the future, would you also like to be notified about their general difficulty (as in whether they're fairly easy or challenging)?

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
That wouldn't be a bad idea, so I can sort of build my stream schedule around it.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I've finally taken Mito's advice and started replacing the YouTube thumbnails, and I got up to the HLP campaigns. I'm no artist, and I'm just doing the best I can to find relevant resources, but if any artists or the modmakers want to give me modified versions of their Knossos images to use as thumbnails, that would be cool. I particularly like the vertical arrangement with the horizontal 4-way-split of Orpheus' Memories of the Great War. Would be awesome if someone were capable of getting those source images and making it a horizontal arrangement with vertical splits for a widescreen format. :P

Also. it seems I can't launch Trimurti without a crash... Error is...

Error: Unexpected end of quoted string embedded in sexp!
File: sexp.cpp
Line: 3531
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 02:13:06 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Do you have a debug log?

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

an you warn that streamer that eaggl;e takes flight its inposseble to beat first mission
you dont have anti shielt
ai goes nothing on first mission
he flying
to nthing
i had to disable myzelf
and after that one shivan comming up
you only have mx50
it destory quick its inposseble to beat

That's a strange bug, and I'm not able to replicate it myself and it doesn't appear to be coming from the base mod. Do you have any extra "addons" you might try turning on or off? I notice you have the radar icons script, could you try temporarily disabling it (like renaming the extension) and see if that fixes it?

it has nothing with redayr mx 50 dont have shield breaker
only secondary have subsystem
breaker

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
That's a strange bug, and I'm not able to replicate it myself and it doesn't appear to be coming from the base mod. Do you have any extra "addons" you might try turning on or off? I notice you have the radar icons script, could you try temporarily disabling it (like renaming the extension) and see if that fixes it?

I was afraid it might be one of the mods. Hopefully it's not radar icons, but I'll give it a try. If it is, I need to figure out a way to make Trimurti "ignore" the mods, since they're applied within the MVPs and moving those files in and out specifically to play Trimurti would be inconvenient. :x

EDIT: Alas, it was the mods. Full disclosure, I actually had a buddy running through the campaign on the exact same install setup as me to ensure everything worked without a hitch so I could avoid spoiling what would otherwise be a blind playthrough next week. So there's been some delay in troubleshooting as I act as the middleman. He said that the issue only occurs specifically when he tries to Commit to the 9th mission. Is there something specific in that mission (no spoilers please!) which either the message box mod or radar icons mod would cause? We don't know which one it was, since he just removed the entire data folder from both FSPort MVPs 4.3.5 and MVPs 4.3.3 which Trimurti uses.

EDIT2: My pal also wanted me to tell you that your campaign is, and I quote "really feckin' awesome". :P

EDIT3: I'll see if we can't narrow down which mod it is, and I'll get back to you. Yup, it's the radar icons mod.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 06:08:53 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Ah ok, mission 9 does indeed help narrow it down a lot. Good to hear you aren't spoiling yourself during troubleshooting as well :lol:

Edit: May I see the radaricon.cfg you're using as well? Should be in data/config
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 06:37:30 pm by Asteroth »

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
So it seems your mod has its own message box in the VPs, as my pal stated the message box appeared above the reticle. Fortunately, I proposed putting a copy of the fsport compatible message box mod in a data folder in shv-1.2.2 and that moved it to the appropriate place.

The reason I bring that up is if we figure what the issue is with radar icons, perhaps a variation of the mod could be made that could be stuck into that same data folder, since the last in the line of load order is the data folder inside a mod? Or, barring that, some sort of substitute that prevents it from loading at all and I can play that mod without radar icons without having to remove those mods from my FSPort MVPs and MVPs. :x
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Also, do you happen to still have the assets you used to make that banner for Knossos? I'd like to make a full YouTube thumbnail (16:9), and I ripped Fractal13 from your VP and the banner itself, as I was originally going to try to put the banner overtop a resized and 30 degree CCW rotated png. Unfortunately, the resolution of the game asset is much lower than what you used for your banner, so it's noticeably fuzzier when blown up. I would love to get the original uncompressed Fractal13 you used for the banner in its uncropped glory. :P
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

I unfortunately do not have the source any more for fractal13 (although if I spent some time I could probably make something from scratch that looks pretty close). However, I did make a higher res cropped version of it for my desktop background, is this sufficient?

Still working on a workaround for the radar icons script.

[attachment deleted to save space]

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Perfect! Behold!

https://i.imgur.com/lQv2GU4.png

I really wanted to use the following beauty for FreeSpace 2 since it was a recreation of the box art, but alas, it's 4:3 instead of 16:9 :(

https://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2024/235/1600/Htlboxart.png

If anyone is willing to contribute gorgeous images that seem appropriate for the respective campaigns for thumbnails, I'd love to see them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 09:13:20 pm by redmagejoe »
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Edit: also, a couple resources I'd like to link to you. One, the Colossus cutscene text crowdsourcing, two, the Colossus cutscene logos crowdsourcing, three, HLP Wiki screenshot repository. There's also a bunch of screenshot contest topics.
There's nothing very specifically picked though, just a bunch of really good screenies from around the community.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline CT27

That wouldn't be a bad idea, so I can sort of build my stream schedule around it.

Here's my opinion on which campaigns in your to-do list are at least IMO above average in terms of difficulty (at least in terms of ones I've played).  This isn't to say they're bad, but just probably harder than the average campaign overall.  These aren't in order of difficulty but just the order they were put on your lists.  Again, these are just my opinion...some might find them easy.

Harder than average campaigns:
Series Resurrecta (both campaigns)
Between The Ashes
Cardinal Spear (the first campaign at least.  The second campaign/sequel Cardinal Spear:  Vega is noticeably easier IMO)
Frontlines 2334
The Procyon Insurgency
Aftermath II:  The Blue Guardian

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Okay, there was miscommunication with the buddy. The issue is on Mission #10, not #9.

He thought it was mission 9 because that's what his last mission said in the tech room. I told him that tech room doesn't unlock missions until you beat them in campaign, so he said that the issue is Mission #10 then.

@Asteroth: Sorry, I didn't see your edit asking for radaricon.cfg, so here it is.

[attachment deleted to save space]
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline Lafiel

Found the issue with the script: The mission had a ship with an exclamation point in its name.
The SEXPs used by the scripts do not like that at all.
Now that I know that this can be a thing, the new version should have fixed that now.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
Stamps.
Hidden Text: Show
0:00:00 - Waiting Room
0:09:57 - Pre-Stream Banter

********** Shivans: Echo Gate **********
0:19:03 - Mission #1: Holy Grounds
0:35:21 - Demon Surprise™
0:47:57 - Mission #2: The Hive
1:01:18 - Mission #3: Lance of the Vigil
1:38:10 - Mission #3: Lance of the Vigil (2nd run)
1:49:12 - Mission #4: Return to Fountain

********** Tango **********
2:09:26 - Mission #1: Tango Sector Patrol
2:45:50 - Bumps and Rocks
2:48:08 - Mission #2: Return to Tango
2:55:51 - Mission #3: Battle at Tango
3:09:06 - Post-Stream Banter