Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 163703 times)

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Yes contested systems still provide resources, but the supply line to sol IS cut off.

Well crap.  3rd Zy Delenda Est

Ya think?  :p Seriously, I have no idea how we're gonna manage it. They're full strength and we'll probably be on our last legs.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
My only consoling thought is that you're not alone, 2/3 of the fleets on the map are about to be cutoff from supply.  Both the UGCR in Algol, and if we attack Kardoen then all the southern Hierarchy fleets well also be cutoff.

At least the 2nd & 3rd SF will be at decent health to attack the 3rd Zy (although only the 2nd will probably be in position to do so next turn).  And if the 3rd Zy stay in Aquarius, at least you can retreat through there without taking damage.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Bah, things keep popping up.

Here's the Turn 10 map at least

Sorry for (yet another) the delay
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:30:54 am by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Veers

I'm alive!, woo! :P

Ok, this looking interesting overall.. just have to wait for the officials stats :)

Take your time Spoon, thanks again.

Edit: Looks like we've lost the 2nd LSF, destroyed the 3rd Her'tak and gained the 1st DD in Sol
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:04:12 pm by Veers »
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
2nd Fura is crippled, and has pulled back to Karoden, probably to resupply. Algol fleets can probably kill it.
That would also cut off the DoomStack from resupplying, wouldn't it, since they no longer have a supply line to wherever.
Unsure how well that would leave the northern flank, however.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
yeah, cutting off the Doomstack supply would be useful, although it may be more useful to damage the 4th Hertak than eliminate the 2nd Fura (depending on how much overkill there would be vs the Fura). Of course the DoomStack will probably come over and smack us up the next turn so we can't afford to take too much damage this turn.

One other benefit of attacking Kardoen is that it'll give the 3rd DD / 1st LSF an alternate line of retreat that could be easier to resupply from.  Due to the reduced damage done in Aquarius, the 3rd Zy might be able to hold on for quite a while there and continue to block supply to Vega/Draco.

As for the north, they didn't attack this turn which is a little surprising.  Maybe that was to let the 3rd Cordi resupply?  An attack from our three fleets on theirs could give us the advantage temporarily as well as allow us to maintain supply via Aldebaran.  The 1st DD could move to reinforce the North fairly quickly to cover the fact that both UGCR's are leaning towards the South now.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Enioch

Well, given that the Doomstack didn't move to Draco and we only have the Nrdy fleet's retreat damage to worry about, I am thinking of falling back to Aqua to give the 3rd Zy another target, hit them where it hurts and maybe get a chance to resupply at some point. This will also give me the chance to prepare my barrage, for later on.

I recommend a retreat to Tamy for the super-south fleets, to get them out of the Doomstack's reach - they have exhausted their reinforcements and the more time that we gain the more of our fleets will return to the front. A 'tempo' round, so to speak, would, maybe do us some good.

I am uncertain of how much an attack in Kardoen would benefit us. True, it would force the Hierarchy to return to retake its supply lines, but it would also mean that the Doomstack would double back and get one of our fleets there. If any of you people want to risk sacrificing yourselves, be my guests.

In any case, the northern front seems secure, now that the 1st DD is back to clean up your mess. The Delest Fleets get all the dirty work around here... :hopping:  :p

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
All that sounds good (i.e. most of the south pulling back) which means the 2x UGCR should probably weigh up the pros & cons of finishing off the 2nd Fura vs getting hit by the DoomStack... probably needs to wait until the stats come in to make a call on it.
----
----

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
My happy happy fun time DnD friends brought with them a virus of sorts so I've been feeling like **** the whole day now D:
Next turn posted, but (disclaimer) I haven't really done a proper check for errors yet.

Rear Admiral Augustus Corvus (Dragon), your fleet sacrficed itself heroically to get your allies out of the system.
Would you like to continue y/n?
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

Spoon, seriously, your immune system is busted. Take some vitamins, man.  :p

EDIT: Whoohoo, fleet untouched. Actually thinking of staying, now that the 3rd Htk is gone. But I'll be missing my barrage. Dammit. I really want to resupply to 200% and come back like an avalanche, with VH morale+4th gen+Barrage. Plus, I'll probably need to cover the other damaged fleets' retreat via Aqua.

EDIT 2: Dragon, you magnificent bastard. All of 3rd DD mourns for our ally's sacrifice. And we're sharpening our cutlasses too.

2nd Fura is almost dead, folks. Kardoen look mighty tasty.

EDIT 3: Aldebaran. Subspace barrage? SUBSPACE BARRAGE? For 20% damage on two fleets?! Spoon, scratch the vitamins, I'll feed you cyanide.  :mad:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:57:25 am by Enioch »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Spoon, scratch the vitamins, I'll feed you cyanide.  :mad:
  :lol:
Urutorahappī!!

Can 1st CSA and 1st SF help me attack either 5th Nordera or 1st Fura'ngle to start chipping away at the doomstack?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Veers

Spoon doesn't have an immune system, I think we can safety establish this fact  :hopping:

So no resupply in Vega, oh sham...,

Draco, 2nd LSF, 1st CSA vs 2nd Fura'ngle
. Should be Hyrda?

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

My monitor died... :(

I'm on a borrowed laptop until I can sort that out. Hate typing on this thing and using it in general, but beggars can't be choosers.

I believe we can put the Hirarchy under a lot of pressure this turn. I have a plan. I just have to type it up...

And Spoon, I think you need to cut yourself off from face to face human contact for a while to replenish your immune system. Though while I'm stuck on this machine, I don't mind the delay to the next turn.

Offline Lorric

Meet our Doomstack!

1st UGCR Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 25+11=36 (13+2+1+2)
- Capital attack strength: 22+13=35 (15+1+2)
- Fighters at 150% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 126% Strength
- Morale: High
- Mercs on Cooldown, Available again on turn 13
- Aggressive leader

2nd UGCR Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 25+11=36 (13+2+1)
- Capital attack strength: 22+13=35 (15+1)
- Fighters at 175% Strength, 3rd Gen
- Capital ships at 150% Strength
- Morale: High
- Mercs on Cooldown, Available again on turn 13
- Master in Logistics

3rd DD Fleet:
- Fighter attack strength: 37+14=51 (18+5+2)
- Capital attack strength: 28+19=47 (17+2)
- Fighters at 168% Strength, 4th Gen
- Capital ships at 153% Strength
- Morale: Very High
- Inspirational Leader
- Master of Logistics

Total = 113/117

Please use it to obliterate the 4th Hertak, and cut the Hierarchy supply line right off.

Next, the 1st CSA and 3rd SF can pressure the 1st Fura'ngle. A joint attack will reduce the capship strength of that fleet to 60%.

And finally we have the 3rd Zy. If we have the 2nd SF and 1st CRF attack them, and the 2nd SF Blitz them, we can reduce their strength by just over half. If the Zy stand and fight after that, they will be destroyed. If they flee, the supply line opens back up.

This leaves the top. We can assume that mob at the top will be back to full strength now, and will probably move in next turn. They'll all attack one fleet, so let's make sure it isn't a resupplying one. Have the fleets that were hit by the missiles pull out and resupply, and he fleet that wasn't hit (4th SF) remain in Aldebaran. I imagine that was the special of the combined Zy/Fura fleet.

The Hierarchy will be under pressure in three places down South. The Doomstack can only hit one... oh and the fleets dealing with the 3rd Zy, while weak, will not be able to be interfered with.

EDIT: Oh, and I would send the 1st DD to Formalhaut.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:30:01 pm by Lorric »

Offline Enioch

Uh, Lorric?

- If a fleet is in a contested system with an enemy fleet it cannot move to an enemy control system.

I am in a contested system (Draco). I cannot move to Kardoen. Right now, as long as the 4th Nordi is still alive, I can only move to Vega.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I was about to say the same thing :)  So the Alliance DoomStack can form next turn (subject to the local tactical conditions :))

Edit: and the 1st CRF is attacking at 29% capships left.  Wow!  :eek2:  I hope the 2nd SF can deal enough damage with you to not make that suicide...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:43:51 pm by niffiwan »
----
----

Offline Veers

But if the UGCR Fleets move first (all fleets moving on first action, but they go first) the system becomes contested. Therefore, it is ok to move from contested to contested.

Correct?

Also, throwing up my turn now as I *may* be unavailable later. Just as a precaution :)

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Enioch

Or not. Since we can't attack now, a tactical retreat and re-organization might be a better idea. If we allow the southern Hierarchy fleets to advance deeper into our territory, they will be forced to lessen their hold on Kardoen. This will seriously mess with their resupplies when the UGCR fleets come down and take it over.

By the way, the Fura fleet in Kardoen is down to half health. Just noting that.

Offline Lorric

The system will turn contested, so won't that enable him to move? It will be contested when he arrives.

If it doesn't, then kill the Fura'ngle instead, and have the 1st LSF and 3rd DD smash the 4th Nordera, then the 3rd DD move into Kardoen.