Author Topic: Infinity: Battlescape to launch Kickstarter Campaign on Oct 21st  (Read 8253 times)

Re: Infinity: Battlescape to launch Kickstarter Campaign on Oct 21st
I think it's too early to judge Infinity on that account. As I said above, so far there's only one ship and one weapon type implemented. And I'm confident that as soon as test players overcome their "Whoa, seamless transition"-hype, lots of critical feedback about the combat will start to flow, since it's the most important feature of the game. There is no compelling story to counter sloppy gameplay design. So either they get it right, or modders will have to do it.

So it's been four months now since the end of the kickstarter campaign and I-Novae have now delivered the prototype to eligible backers. They streamed the launch event featuring a new playable ship (a bomber) and some added installations. Many things are still placeholders and unfinished, but the game still looks fun for the things you can do so far and I'm looking forward to playing the Alpha once it is released later this year.
One backer made some nice 4k screenshots:
https://forums.inovaestudios.com/t/prototype-4k-extreme-screenshots/2657

And here's the video of the launch event:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:24:06 am by SkycladGuardian »

A necro just to notify you guys that the game is still actively developed. It's now in beta and the devs are aiming for a release this year. It looks gorgeous (considering the small team and tiny budget). I just hope they don't botch the marketing. I think this game could be fun, their netcode supports hundreds of players, so there is a potential for really epic battles, if there will be enough active players that is.
Check out their latest stream:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Holy crap, I love the look of this! !. 

I love the premise,  and the feel.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 03:18:55 am by Colonol Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I've always loved the concept of this game - I still have artwork for the Silverbow fighter on my old computer. Granted, Battlescape is a bit different in the artwork/story direction than the original game is or rather was, but the awesome remains all the same...

I threw $20 at the Kickstarter when I had the chance, and I'm happy I did. Now, if I ever elect to play the game when it becomes available to me, I'll have to throw an uncomfortable amount at a new computer, a concept which I hold with mixed feelings.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Another update: The game will be available on Steam as Early Access next week September 27th. Here's the release trailer, they improved the visuals quite a bit:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Wait is this the really good miniatures game universe or...no it's not!