Author Topic: Missing HUD  (Read 1093 times)

Hi, I downloaded a fs2 mod called the fall of Epsilo Pegasi the performance Is well but some pieces of the HUD are missing like: ship model, afterburner model shield gun and engine suply models and models of ships on briefings Im using the last Build of FSO and MediaVPs anyone can help me?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Can you please provide a fs2_open.log?
-- This would be a great help to narrow down any possible source of the bug you are experiencing.

Instructions can be found here:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=56279.msg1180359#msg1180359
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

here you have the debug log https://fsnebula.org/log/6089b784c9b5f261cd3912fb I also have some screenshoots of the parts of the HUD that are missing if you need those

Offline 0rph3u5

Okay, this is definitively beyond my expertise - someone of more knowledgeable with Graphics will be of much better service.

These pop up whenever .ani is loaded...
Code: [Select]
OpenGL Debug: Source:OpenGL Type:Error ID:1000 Severity:High Message:glTexSubImage3D has generated an error (GL_INVALID_OPERATION)... and it fits the pattern as HUD elemtents can be .ani files.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

So do I need to find more expert help?

Offline 0rph3u5

Try the Discord. You are more likely to get someone's attention there.

==================

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
Not a graphics coder, but I would definitely try updating your drivers.

First of all I dont have A GPU I use a CPU from 2011 and I have the lastest drivers

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm no expert, but I think there's a high chance that you flat-out won't be able to run modern versions of FSO with an integrated graphics solution that's a solid decade old. FSO requires a minimum version of OpenGL, and that reads like the sort of error you'd get if your hardware is below the minimum requirements.