Author Topic: The future of TBP  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
why do I smell that 3.4b won't be the last TBP?   (long,long time ago, there was this "TBP IS DONE" message and look where the mod is today  :)  )

Seriously, new Music would be great!  :yes:
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
why do I smell that 3.4b won't be the last TBP?

TBP hasn't changed much since 3.4 Final. 3.4b is really only 3.4 with bugfixes. If there are no more bugs with 3.4b there will be no more releases. Certainly I will not be adding any major new content to create a release 3.5. Let's be under no misunderstanding about that.

Of course if someone was to create a Crusade soundtrack I'd be bundling it with my post Crusade era campaign. :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
TBP hasn't changed much since 3.4 Final. 3.4b is really only 3.4 with bugfixes. If there are no more bugs with 3.4b there will be no more releases. Certainly I will not be adding any major new content to create a release 3.5. Let's be under no misunderstanding about that.

For future reference though, do you have any objection to someone else organising a team and carrying on (assuming they don't break 3.4).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
That would depend who it was, and on a very long chat.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Yathin

• Order vs. Chaos. Choose one!
3.4b would be the last one if they didn't release any new material (for the actual system) As for campaign packs, I hope they never end  ;7
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

WIP : First Strike

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
That's why there is a seperate campaign pack on the upcoming DVD  :D

Much easier to update :)

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!