Author Topic: The Big Bad HLP Sex and Dating Thread  (Read 34635 times)

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
The Big Bad HLP Sex and Dating Thread
they were all virgins.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Not all of them, some of the older people weren't, or the guys in the sewers ( I realize how stupid that sounds)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Relationships and dating are a great thing, love is the greatest thing on the planet.  Those of you that haven't felt true love are missing out.  

Kazan runs out of words to describe and remains speechless in recollective thought
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
*gasp!*

I agree

:wtf:

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by Kazan
Kazan runs out of words to describe and remains speechless in recollective thought
That's a first!  ;)
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
i knew you'd say that :P

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
I return to discreetly remind Shrike about his question. ;)

And I give up trying to argue with CP, simply because my entire life people (not too dissimilar to CP) have turned everything I've ever said around, misrepresented it, and overall publicly shamed me (as you just saw).  Therefore I admit my arguments are the work of a foolish jackass.

CP believes that sex will be replaced by cloning.  I personally think that is the most nonsensical statement considering he has never experienced it, and probably has nightmares about falling in love with something other than a calculator. :D

I believe that there's going to be a medium somewhere that will maintain itself once genetic engineering reaches a state of maturity (not too dissimilar to the reengineering bits from Gattaca), but sex in and of itself will never die out simply because of the physical pleasure people experience whilst "getting it on" for lack of a better term. ;7

So in the end, I'd suppose you'd mix Gattaca with Brave New World or (if things keep going as they are) Strange Days to get the 200-years-from-now society.

Militarily, clones with enough genetic variation to not be exact duplicates could be created with enhanced muscular strength, stamina, maybe limited telepathy thus making communications impossible to intercept except with said supersoldiers, and possibly be surgically fitted with a neuromechanical interface for vehicle control.

99% of that one way or another agrees with everything CP has said, but I really don't care anymore.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2002, 09:02:40 pm by 480 »
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by JC Denton

I personally think that is the most nonsensical statement considering he has never experienced it, and probably has nightmares about falling in love with something other than a calculator. :D

You sir, get my vote for funniest statement of the page

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
CP has lowered my opinion of his successfully in this thread

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Relationships and dating are a great thing, love is the greatest thing on the planet. Those of you that haven't felt true love are missing out.

Kazan...we can agree on something!  Although I doubt that the likes of you or I or most of us here have felt 'true love' yet because were too young.  At least in my book.  True love is that lofty but achievable goal for when your a bit older (not too much older mind you! I want to find true love in the next 10 years :D).
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by IceFire

Kazan...we can agree on something!  Although I doubt that the likes of you or I or most of us here have felt 'true love' yet because were too young.  At least in my book.  True love is that lofty but achievable goal for when your a bit older (not too much older mind you! I want to find true love in the next 10 years :D).

Eh? But what is true love? It's not wise to tell people they've never truly loved because they're too young. You can't tell me that at a certain age love finds you, cause it just ain't true ;)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
I'd agree the age matter is irrelevant, because i know, and it's beyond words of explaination

how about when you'd die for that person, give that person up if it meant their happiness despite the infinite sadness you would have, *rambles on*

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Originally posted by JC Denton
I return to discreetly remind Shrike about his question. ;)
Ok ok.... This is what I was going to ask.  I'm not really expecting a positive reply, but one never knows. ;)  Just to save some people's sensitivities I'll black it out.

CP, have you ever masturbated, to orgasm or not?  I'm not even going to bother asking if you've done anything more....

Really a simple question, but if he hasn't even done that much (part of pretty much everyone's 'sexual exploration') I think he isn't exactly in a position to talk about how 'math is better than sex' and so forth.... how often do you get an endorphin rush from finishing a math problem?
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by Shrike
how often do you get an endorphin rush from finishing a math problem?

I wouldnt put it past him.....

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
For all of you who are arguing about "sex is better than math" or etc., stop for just a second. What makes you right or wrong? None or any or all of you could be right. All of you have different opinions based on what you have experienced. Does your belief about sex/dating/love work for you? Now, if you could look at the memory of every person in the world and generate from that, then you could be right. But you can't. What you have gone through proves to you that your opinion is right.

the light and dark side of diversity......
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by Mr. Vega
For all of you who are arguing about "sex is better than math" or etc., stop for just a second. What makes you right or wrong? None or any or all of you could be right. All of you have different opinions based on what you have experienced. Does your belief about sex/dating/love work for you? Now, if you could look at the memory of every person in the world and generate from that, then you could be right. But you can't. What you have gone through proves to you that your opinion is right.

the light and dark side of diversity......

I don't think the point is (or was) telling him or anyone that sex is better than math, I was merely pointing out that he cannot say with any certainty that sex will become obselete.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
I wasn't just talking about you, I was trying to get rid of everybody talking about how stubborn everybody was about their opinions. I didn't feel like making that make me happy.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I know, I think we kinda drifted from the original point.

People will keep having sex whether its for procreation or not, no matter what CP thinks of it.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
Ditto, since I can't delete this message.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2002, 10:55:36 pm by 490 »
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Why? You just said what I did :p