Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 573474 times)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Server is back up.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Shade

I wonder how I'll turn out after the crash. I was on fire when I logged off...

[Edit: And now I'm not. Convenient!]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:25:26 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Sorry about the downtime, I've been issued with a sub account for the server control panel, I'll be able to restart the server myself from now on. So just either PM me, or for a quicker response, I'll be in the hard-light IRC channel whenever possible.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I have taken it upon myself to replace the entire banks and bottom of the river running by my fortress with glass.  All of it.  During this, I found a cavern that runs the ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE RIVER exactly one block below it.  Now I've got an entire class ceiling cavern with a river on top of it.

Win.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
The most interesting things I find in my map are only floating islands. o_o

Apparently I'm a little stuck in the server. I dropped down a whole and landed into a dark room underground with no way out. :confused:

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Woo I got my first railway completed today!  900+ units in length. 

How the hell do you get that much iron?

I dug the entire railway underground.  Try hollowing out a 3x3 tunnel for 900 meters.  You will find a LOT of iron.  And if that fails, just make little branch tunnels off to the side.  Best pattern tends to be two blocks in between each branch, branches are 1 unit wide. 
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Whoever has the tower of despair, I think I connected to your mine at bedrock level.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
My tower is nearing completion. The furnaces, lights, closets, and mine have been added, the Mortuary has been carved out, yet to be decorated, and the frame of the Chapel has been set up. After this is all done I don't know what I'll do...

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
My tower is nearing completion. The furnaces, lights, closets, and mine have been added, the Mortuary has been carved out, yet to be decorated, and the frame of the Chapel has been set up. After this is all done I don't know what I'll do...
Link up with the underwater base? It's hardly being used and could do with development.

Offline Shade

And don't forget to hook it into the subway system.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I found a strange one block high line of cobblestone near bedrock level. I've followed it for a decent distance, but it doesn't seem to be leading anywhere special. What is it?
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Probably an artefact from people (me) fixing/breaking stuff with worldedit, what are the co-ords?

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
X: 190
Y: 8
Z: 86

It started before that, I just mined some of it out.

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Glass bottom river progress: nearly 2300 blocks of glass placed.  Percent complete: about 10.

But it will be so awesome.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Minecraft's netcode is quite frankly, crap.

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Minecraft's netcode is quite frankly, crap.

Notchcode

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Woo I got my first railway completed today!  900+ units in length. 

How the hell do you get that much iron?

I dug the entire railway underground.  Try hollowing out a 3x3 tunnel for 900 meters.  You will find a LOT of iron.  And if that fails, just make little branch tunnels off to the side.  Best pattern tends to be two blocks in between each branch, branches are 1 unit wide.

So was it you that built that fortress in the middle of absolute nowhere?  :p

also a 900m railway would require ~340 iron ore blocks (excluding tools), ~100 pieces of coal (including lights @ 1 torch/4 meters), a strict minimum of 8 iron picks (or two diamond picks), and a strict minimum of 16 minutes of time. (strict meaning have fun trying to do it that way without a bot doing it for you and without lots of prep time)

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Yeah that sounds about right, save for the time.  Took longer due to several creepers popping up IN A LIT AREA and 'splodin' errything out there.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline achtung

• ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Daylight creepers, how do they work?

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
I just got on to take a look...who's project is the never ending bridge with the torches on it?