Author Topic: Chapter 1 How was it  (Read 26337 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Chapter 1 How was it
This is the thread for comments, feedback and suggestions for the first chapter

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
r0x0r! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

then again im staff ;7
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I'll pass judgement on it until I play it tonight.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
  • Avoid the beam and you wont get hit
Its an awesome mod but let me express some "opinions" that i have. First off.. in the mission where the GTVA attacks the Sol gate, i found it EXTREMELY and I mean EXTREMELY confusing as to what the hell a weapon module was and where it was. I tried the mission 3 times spending 20-25 minutes EACH time trying to figure out where the weapons modules were. Can you clarify this problem. Second off... the music, which is good, is stuttering between clips too much. Third off... the models look incredible... except for the weapons... they seem to need more work.

Offline Roy fokker

• Flaming FREDder
well the music you have to speak to woo about that second the weapons module is a subsystem, and thirdly whats wrong with the weapons there fine
Roy Fokker
Mission designer for  Inferno and Wing Commander Saga

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
another problem on the mission where the Ramanaya and the fleet are orbiting Earth. Every time i try it, i rack up like 30 kills and still the Ramanaya gets destroyed and i loose the mission. wtf am i doing wrong?

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
inferno is so cool story feels like in Freespace series:) :yes:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by DeepSpace9er
another problem on the mission where the Ramanaya and the fleet are orbiting Earth. Every time i try it, i rack up like 30 kills and still the Ramanaya gets destroyed and i loose the mission. wtf am i doing wrong?

Practice more, it's a very hard mission. It also helps to get the ai doing specific things...

As for the music, doesn't do that here.

Offline FreeTerran

• Master of the apocalypse
    Reset count: 1
Silva in lumine Lunae arcana est. Domos mea Silva in lumine Stellarum est.

Offline Sigma

Originally posted by Holy Imperial Gloriano
inferno is so cool story feels like in Freespace series:) :yes:

Yes, I agree!
The campaign is great!

:yes: :yes: :cool: :yes: :yes:

DS9er, the music had no noticeable problems on all the systems we tested it on. Maybe you need a hardware or driver upgrade... and make sure you're using an official FS2 EXE as well.

Sid.

Offline J.F.K.

Originally posted by Woolie Wool
I'll pass judgement on it until I play it tonight.

Ditto, my download's up to 17%. :nod:
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline DeepSpace9er

• Bakha bombers rule
do i have to take out the forward beam turrets on the freedom or something? do i have to be a bomber? or can i be just a fighter shooting everything in sight?

I finished the mission without going anywhere near the Freedom. And the default loadout is probably the optimum one for that.

Sid.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I change to arrow, hurricane, hurricane

can take out a wing of Gaganas quickly with that loadout :)

Offline J.F.K.

25% :D
[font="SerpentineDBol"]. . . . W H O . I S . T H E . M A N , . W H O . I S . T H E . M Y T H ?[/font]

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
you will all piss yourself when you play mission 14.

although this is techinally mission 13, we had to axe (:p) vadar_1's mission for obvious reasons.

yes and use the hurricane missiles.  what i did tho was go for the stentors so your wingmen could attack the bombers.  you may want to have them guard a ship near the front of the convoy and then once gamma arrvies, have them guard the ramanya.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by PhReAk

although this is techinally mission 13, we had to axe (:p) vadar_1's mission for obvious reasons.

Now what did I do!? :p
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Tiara, you're not the only one with a large bladed object. ;) Actually vadar_1's mission was rubbish even after I tried improving it. It'd serve as little more than a silly interlude between mission 4 and mission 6, and I got rid of it because it lowered the overall quality of the campaign.

Oh, what did you all think of the Hurricanes BTW? I thought they were just right in balance terms - providing you don't use too many of them at once they can be really helpful against those pesky bombers.

Sid.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i wish i was able to use my sweet ass firestorm missile on that mission.  would make it hella easier
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord