Author Topic: Upgraded FX cont.  (Read 12837 times)

Offline tomcat

• Dark Lord of Truespace
We are crazy :)
Truespace is the path of the Dark Side
-----------------------------------------------
Dark Truespace Master Tomcat

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
Indeed we are ;7  but then we have to be to do what we do.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline -Norbert-

by Mr. Fury
As some of you might guess from the screenshot, Hyperion's main gun now fires plasma in salvos of four. Don't panic though. Unlike in R2, in R3 it does not target fighters.

Why? I think only the heavy plasmas in the upper front section aren't suppost to fire at fighters.
With only up to 6 (I think) 'furys they would be absolutely helpless against fighters.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You got them mixed. Main gun does not mean the regular turrets. Its the forward firing four barreled turret.

Offline Slasher

The "regular" guns on the cruisers can still target fighters.  

TBP has been changed so that the most powerful guns on capships will only shoot at capships now.  This means the big turrets wont waste their firepower trying to swat impossible targets like Starfuries and will instead do what they're supposed to do: pound other capships! :nod:

This also puts a bigger emphasis on fighter cover.  Ships like the Nova, for instance, only have a small handful of guns capable of hitting fighters.  While these guns are good at what they do, mass fighter attacks wield the potential to inflict grevious damage on a Nova if it's not protected by its own fighters.

Trust me, it's fun. ;)