Author Topic: Player Ship Problems  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Carnage

Player Ship Problems
When i created a mission in Fred. the game resets the player ship nearly always to Aurora

Sample :

Create a misson, delete the aurora, creata a narn fighter, select it a player ship, it works

reload the mission in fred, create 3 other narn fighters, form them to a wing with the player ship. Restart game, its now an goddamn aurora. But the editor shows me a frazi as player ship

How can this sh*t happen

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Are you using any mods other than TBP?

And don't delete the first player ship. Try instead changing it to the class you want from the ships editor. No idea why not doing that would be causing you problems but I've never done it any other way.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Carnage

No only TBP

Ich have try it with change the ship class, but it will always name Aurora 1

If i change the name, it goes automatic back to aurora

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It sounds like you're building the mission with FRED and then running it using a set of tables that don't include the narn ship. But unless you're using the -mod switch I can't figure out how on Earth you could be doing that.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Carnage

Sometimes, when i start the mission a second time it choose the plane i want, but with aurora weapons

whitestar with 43mm plasem:shaking:

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Make sure you always assign the player to a wing, preferrably Alpha wing. Even if you don't have any wingmen.