Author Topic: A view from the gallery notes/ideas.  (Read 2911 times)

A view from the gallery notes/ideas.
I finally got my mits on the season 5 box set, I've been watching the episode 'A View from the Gallery' and I noticed a few things:

1. The Hyperspace Beacon/probe thing at the start. That could be useful in many ways, for missions set in hyperspace or things to spice up in a mission set in a planetary orbit.

2. I think, from that episode, we know where B5 fires it's green pulse cannon from... That should help a little when getting a new upgraded B5 table thing out...

Just some notes.

EDIT:
3. Are those unknown alien ships planned for the future? Or didn't we see enough of those vessels to make a good enough idea of what they look like/scale? Because I think a mission to defend B5 from them would be rather intense...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 06:39:59 am by 1820 »

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
DITTO!!

View from the gallery was an excellent episode, showing you that its not just upto a few command staff to make things happen.

This is the idea ive adopted i the heat em up campiagn.  You are an ea pilot who just joined Earth Force.  You have to do your bit for the storyline to follow the show.  If not then things get hairy.  Like i said in another post, there will be many outcomes and eventualities.  ;)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

You muist have some wacky flow charts Mad

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
Wacky aint the word:lol:
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by Azrael15
1. The Hyperspace Beacon/probe thing at the start. That could be useful in many ways, for missions set in hyperspace or things to spice up in a mission set in a planetary orbit.

Yes yes! I requested this a while ago in this thread.
Thaks for Cannonfodder we already have one satellite (still looks like Nomad :) ), but has anyone done the hyperspace probe?
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by Prophet

Thaks for Cannonfodder we already have one satellite (still looks like Nomad :) ), but has anyone done the hyperspace probe?

Well, we would have the satellite but I never fixed the final geometry before my computer went down. So that model won't be in TBP, at least not for a while.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Ok... That socks... :no:

Fine. All other ships are on hold for now. No one is doing any Vorlon badass ships or Victories or other azzkicker warships until I get my satellite!!!    or two
(You can work on the Cotton if you ask nicely...)
:D
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Ask Santa, and we'll see what happens for christams! :D

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
More interesting features...
I would agree with Prophet here...

a few satellites (aside defence platforms)
would be a really nice add on as it would make the possible missions more varied...

the same goes for 3 things:
Centauri space station
Narn freighter (the narns have no "civilian"
craft - I don't count the Ja'Stat station ;) )
Cotten class tender

Please - it is more important than new warships...:lol:

BTW. What happened to Toreth and Gorith?:confused:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 06:34:02 am by 2633 »
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
We have Centauri and Narn station geometry if somebody wants to uvmap and texture? There was a Narn transport being textured. I think Sigma has been working on it for a couple of years now, so it should look really good ;). Nobody has actually seen a Narn freighter. Although the Raider Battlewagon is supposed to be converted from a Narn freighter. So my approach would be to take the fighter bays and beam cannon off the Raider Battlewagon and stick a Narn Transportesque bridge on the front. Toreth and Gorith went to Den5 for retexturing and LODs and haven't come back yet. In fact I haven't heard from him in a while. He shows up now and again with some cool models like the Ja'stat. Maybe next time he'll have Toreth and Gorith with him :)
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Sigma957

• Darkness descending...
That narn frieghter lol :eek2:  Getting there.
The Babylon Project- Bringing babylon5 to freespace2

VWBB Survivor 1095 (Sigma957) 24/2/2001

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by IPAndrews
We have Centauri and Narn station geometry if somebody wants to uvmap and texture?

I could take a shot at texturing either one if someone does the uvmapping for me.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Originally posted by IPAndrews
Nobody has actually seen a Narn freighter.
Only freighter class we have seen is the one that brought G'Kar the plant thingy. But had an accident in the docking bay. It's not the only episode we have seen it, but I can't remember the others.

BTW. When the Narn transport has the accident its cargo gets blown up. Is that not a cargo pod  that is destroyed? It looks like one to me. We have never seen it seperated from the ship itself, but it looks like a Narn cargo pod, doesn't it?