Author Topic: Technical Problem after installing HeatEmUp & Survivor  (Read 2663 times)

Offline Azodiak

Technical Problem after installing HeatEmUp & Survivor
I have installed HeatEmUp and Surviver but now I can not run the game anymore. The error tells me that the OpenAL32.dll was not found and I should reinstall the component again... WAAAAAH

Could someone give me a hint what to do with that kind of error?
(Sorry, if that problem was discussed in other posts but I really didnt found it)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Technical Problem after installing HeatEmUp &
Basically you need to install OpenAL to get the newer version of FS2_Open in that download to work.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Dipper

Re: Technical Problem after installing HeatEmUp & Survivor
I had/have the same problem and openAL doesn't help one bit.

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
It should work fine, the error detects that you don`t have openal installed.  Openal needs to be installed for all recent and new builds, check the scp forum for more info ;)
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I had/have the same problem and openAL doesn't help one bit.

What soundcard do you have? I vaguely remember reading something about NForce boards being treated differently from other sound cards but I can't remember anything more than that.

Offline Azodiak

Okay, now it works and does more fun than ever ^^
Thanks for your tips.

Offline Dipper

Philips Acoustic Edge. TBP works fine with everyother mod, but the fs2_open_r.exe in HEU just doesn't agree with my computer.  Now that I checked, when pressing the registry tab in the launcher, it says it can't read from registry ... is this normal ?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
yes, that's normal...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The inability to read from the registry isn't surprising. I've had it happen to me too at one point so I don't think it's connected.

I'd suggest trying a newer CVS build from the recent builds SCP subforum but the links won't work at the moment cause warpcore is down.

You may be able to get the game to run with the 3.6.7 exe if you have it but I can't be certain that MAG hasn't used SEXPs or features that were added after 3.6.7 came out.

Offline Azodiak

The most important problem after installing the new missions is, that the textures of many ships (like the aurora starfury or for example EA Olympus) is partly no longer available. So I can see through the ships or they have some kind of yellow textures... very mystirious

:(

Offline madaboutgames

• Heatemup People!
    • The Heat Em Up Web site
that graphical problem has already been sorted ;) It will be available with tbp release 3.3
*The Earth Brakiri War*
*B5 Star Fury Pilot*

Are You Ready?  Find Out!
www.heatemup.co.uk

Visit  -  http://proxima-fleet.com for the heatemup Forums.