Author Topic: Manual and or Controls for Babylon project  (Read 2541 times)

Offline Christopherger

• Beyond Infinity Space Becomes Closer
    • 3D Worlds and Game Developers Research Group
Manual and or Controls for Babylon project
I am finally having time to spend with this remarkable project and need to ask a very basic question, are the ship controls identical to FS1 and or 2?  I saw reading the Read Me that there is a FS2 Manual in the docs and found it in the files, so I assumed the controls were identical, but wanted to check just to be sure, thanks agian for all the work on this project, amazing work. thanks.
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group  Linedin
"We Build Worlds"

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Manual and or Controls for Babylon project
Mostly but there are some new features.  Quickest way to check out what's available is just hit F2 from the command deck and select configure controls.  Granted some of those options may or may not do anything in TBP or even in specific ships.  I'm sure someone will fill in some more detailed info. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Christopherger

thank you very much, i will check out that F2 and see how it reads from there. much appreciated.
Admin
"We Build Worlds"

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
basically, it's glide and the side thrusters. If you've played BtrL, you know how things work.

By the way, I got a completely different keymap for BtrL and TBP in contrast to FS2 or WCS. I fly full keyboard. How about the rest of you?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Christopherger

Thanks Vid, i am just starting BtrL, and the WC mods, and i too play with a full keyboard set up.....

thanks for the heads up re the glide, etc.
Admin
"We Build Worlds"