Author Topic: Last Stand (WIP)  (Read 2192 times)

I was thinking I'd show off a mission I've been working on. Here's a video of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Rc04f8N1k

It's a pretty basic mission and still a work in progress, just shooting at hostile freighters while they shoot back. I got the idea to make it after my brother told me about a similar mission he had made for Freespace 2. Basically during a deep space exercise testing a fighter with experimental weapons you were attacked. The other fighters and ships with you were destroyed and you were the only survivor, and the closest help is over a week away by hyperspace. While you're waiting to die your scanners pick up a hostile supply convoy and you decide that if you're going to die you might as well try to take out as much of the convoy as possible.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
well, yeah it's WIP and basic. Keep up the good work nonetheless.

Since mission design is difficult to judge in a video, I will instead comment on the lack of an interesting background. If you want, check the official TBP website, there are actually some nicer backgrounds to download.
The scenario might be a bit problematic, since it's difficult to get dialogue. On the other hand, you could go a more arcade way with this mission, since you are not supposed to survive anyway right  :)  Come up with a good scoring system (combos, survival time bonus when close to the convoy, whatever) and don't forget to make it obvious to the player by using messages.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.