Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306570 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Except that original series is from 1985, next OVA is from 1987 and then another OVA from 1994. Last but not least, there is also a movie from 1987. You sure what you're looking for? :p

No bloody idea. The guy just said "Oh you like Tank Police? Watch Dirty Pair." That almost directly led to this line of conversation.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Finished watching Caprica. Pretty decent series IMO. Shame it was cancelled.

I think I may wait for Funi to get the rest of the episodes up before I finish Railgun. So, on to Index Season 2.

*watches a few episodes*

HOLY ****, Accelerator!  :eek2:

Talk about making an entrance. "Just because I'm weaker doesn't make you stronger" indeed!

And I have Hellsing Ultimate episodes 5 - 8 coming in this weekend. Good times. :)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I have FUNi's re-release of Black Lagoon on pre-order.  Somehow I've avoided seeing it up to this point, even though it's so far up my alley it's practically out the other side.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Watching FLCL again because why not?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:02:15 pm by Sarafan »

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
So I watched an episode of Casshern Sins and I really regret the time spent now, as nothing happened at all and it was impossible to tell if the end of the episode was some kind of flashback or actually occurring in the same sequence as the rest of the episode, with the voiceover.

I mean seriously, narrative coherence usually isn't this hard people. Thanks for confirming I should never stay up.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Also finished up the Zeta Gundam "New Translation" movies.

I think I prefer the series. It's not that I have anything in particular against happy endings, and the movies did some characterization better, but, overall I like the series better.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So no one watches Psycho Pass around here?, I've watched the first 3 and it's one of the best around (if not the best) right now IMO.
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Sidenote: I am rewatching CSI Miami. I apologize in advance if I dust off any related memes.

A Feddie Story

Offline LHN91

So no one watches Psycho Pass around here?, I've watched the first 3 and it's one of the best around (if not the best) right now IMO.

I've been looking at it, but just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Although I might have to download it to take to my parents' this weekend.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
So I watched an episode of Casshern Sins and I really regret the time spent now, as nothing happened at all and it was impossible to tell if the end of the episode was some kind of flashback or actually occurring in the same sequence as the rest of the episode, with the voiceover.

I mean seriously, narrative coherence usually isn't this hard people. Thanks for confirming I should never stay up.
Casshern is good ****, though jumping into it at the second-to-last episode probably won't do you any favors. :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Casshern is good ****, though jumping into it at the second-to-last episode probably won't do you any favors. :p

If you recognized it from the description, I'm mildly impressed, but it was actually weeks or a month ago, so...

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I've been looking at it, but just haven't gotten around to watching it yet. Although I might have to download it to take to my parents' this weekend.

Just watched the 4th episode and damn, I want to see what happens next.
el hombre vicio...

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!

Ooh, me! I think it's pretty cool so far, though there's not really anything heavy to comment on yet. Dominators are OP.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

If you recognized it from the description, I'm mildly impressed, but it was actually weeks or a month ago, so...
Actually, given that time frame, I think I might know which episode you're talking about, and that one was a total trip even for people who'd watched the whole thing from the beginning.  Most of it isn't really like that.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?

I am. As I've said:
Production IG + SciFi + Police Drama + Urobuchi Gen = Win

So far it has held up to that. Expecting more heads to roll, more bodies to explode, and people to weep in utter despair at the unfairness to the world soon. Since this is 22 episodes, expecting it by episode 5ish.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Man what is this crap? There's only 13 episodes of Angel Beats

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Yep. And despite it being rushed as hell, it only needs 13 episodes.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

You really want to see Kanade suffering for more episodes?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...