Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305108 times)

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Manga. It's like Ōkubo just couldn't be bothered with it any more and threw out a bull**** ending for the sake of forcing it to a close. And with how he's been regarding chapter releases these last two years, I was expecting it to just go unfinished.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
i'm half tempted to read the manga, since the suspense is killing me.

I'd say stay with the anime, for what I've read from other ppl that read the manga the anime is doing quite well and let's face it here, what makes this story so attracting is the fact that you spend a hole week with a thumb up your ass waiting for the next portion of the story to surface. Along with some other extras of course  :)
el hombre vicio...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
i'm half tempted to read the manga, since the suspense is killing me.

I'd say stay with the anime, for what I've read from other ppl that read the manga the anime is doing quite well and let's face it here, what makes this story so attracting is the fact that you spend a hole week with a thumb up your ass waiting for the next portion of the story to surface. Along with some other extras of course  :)

i regret reading tvtropes at this point for the record and do not give in to temptation, it will ruin stuff a smidge.

besides, i have to do something on my morning commute to work :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
For all you crazy AoT fans... Attack on Titan: THE GAME
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
So, this is like those Spider-man games + Shadow of the Colossus? Es pretty cewl.

Watching Mai-HIME.

Not bad at all. I'm about halfway through at this point and the story is beginning to get interesting. Love triangles are predictable as all hell, but they are at least watchable. Glad Funi rescued this franchise, because I may want this one.

Also decided to pick up Macross 7 for the lulz.

I'm actually surprised at the quality here. The animation is a major step up from Superdimension Fortress, the characters are likeable... and holy crap, the music is actually pretty good!
There haven't been much in the way of actual mecha battles yet, but Basara makes me laugh. He takes a total "shounen hero" approach to his music, which is rather entertaining (both his character and his music).

I am finding Exedol a little bit strange though. Why's he still macronized when it seems the rest of the Zentraedi have shrunk down?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I have now finished all the One Year War media I could actually locate.

We will not be dealing with A CHAR because the Titans are boring people whose souls are still weighted down by gravity. STRAIGHT TO AXIS/NEO-ZEON.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

We will not be dealing with A CHAR because the Titans are boring people whose souls are still weighted down by gravity. STRAIGHT TO AXIS/NEO-ZEON.

What about 0083 TOP GUNDAM!
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

SEXY INTRO MUSIC TIME!!!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

Damn, you're right. Back to the scouring of the internets!

A Feddie Story

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Okay, finally got around to finishing Strike Witches 2 after having it sit around on my shelf for a couple of months.

Overall I did enjoy it, as I did with the first season, and there were a couple of episodes I really liked (such as episode 5 which focused on Lucchini). I'm not sure whether I do consider it inferior to the first season, like Spoon, but there was definitely one thing I thought was worse: episode 7.

The "ridiculous fanservice" one... gah, I didn't really like that one at all. It definitely wasn't as good as the seventh episode in the first season, which I found at least somewhat funny and tolerable. Other than that, though, I don't have any real problems with the season as a whole.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Breaking bad soon...... :3
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I fell across This in my travels across the land of "Youtube". Now I need to watch Osana Reimu.

The Force shall free me.

Finished Mai-Hime... that was a lot more intense than I was expecting. I wish it could have flowed a bit better from episode to episode though; several time I thought I'd accidentally skipped one. Also, it felt like a lot of background information was missing. Not helped by fansubs being fansubs, so you never know if they're really accurate in all their nuances.

Meanwhile Macross 7 continues to be hilariously awesome, and plot has started happening. I will say that while the love triangle was predictable, I do like how it's written. I can't quite put my finger on why, exactly, but so far it strikes me as better written than most love geometry plots.

And another episode of RWBY out tomorrow. Looks like we might get some action sequences again.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
And another episode of RWBY out tomorrow. Looks like we might get some action sequences again.
A friend recommended this to me last week and I just got around to watching the first episode about 20 minutes ago. It looks promising.

Macross 7 done.

I actually liked this one. It got kind of super robot-y, but Macross has never been the most serious series anyway.

The story and action weren't quite as good as the original, but the music and the animation were both far superior. Sorry, Minmay, but Fire Bomber has you soundly beat.
I know I said the story wasn't as good, but the characters were very enjoyable. And for once, what romance there was was believably written with a minimum of forced drama.

And seeing Max Jenius kicking more ass than the entire rest of the fleet's elite pilots combined is always fun.

Read that they got an actual band to play the main characters, and featured that band's music as the show's soundtrack. It worked! This is the kind of music I enjoy (though Mylene's singing voice always seemed too weak when she was doing a solo song... she's much better as back-up).

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Macross 7 done.

I actually liked this one. It got kind of super robot-y, but Macross has never been the most serious series anyway.

The story and action weren't quite as good as the original, but the music and the animation were both far superior. Sorry, Minmay, but Fire Bomber has you soundly beat.
I know I said the story wasn't as good, but the characters were very enjoyable. And for once, what romance there was was believably written with a minimum of forced drama.

And seeing Max Jenius kicking more ass than the entire rest of the fleet's elite pilots combined is always fun.

Read that they got an actual band to play the main characters, and featured that band's music as the show's soundtrack. It worked! This is the kind of music I enjoy (though Mylene's singing voice always seemed too weak when she was doing a solo song... she's much better as back-up).

HERESY

In  fact that's probably EXTRA HERETICAL. Just liking Fire Bomber is enough to get you beat up by some people I know.

A Feddie Story

Well, I'm not going to argue that their music has good lyrics (actually, the lyrics were usually pretty cheesy and silly... but that's rock for you) or is anything particularly groundbreaking.

I just liked the sound of it.

In any case, I would have thought the extra-heretical opinion would be that Minmay is in any way a good singer. :p

I just finished the first season of Valvrave the Liberator. It's really hard to recommend. It's high-school kids piloting giant space-mecha, like that hasn't been done a million times before.

But the gimmick is that becoming a pilot bestows a sort of ill-defined curse, including such symptoms as: unkillability, immortality (yes those are different things, shut up), being able to possess another's body with only a bite to exposed skin, and for the protagonist at least, a periodic, uncontrollable rage initiated by the OS of his mecha, leading him to do various things ranging from body-swapping to rape.

The first episode was kind of cute in a sad way, seeing how badly it wanted to be Gundam. It paralleled the first episode of MSG nearly theme-for-theme. I think it's worth watching the first episode at least for that.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
leading him to do various things ranging from body-swapping to rape.

It's like EoE, but without the subtlety.

...christ is that even possible

A Feddie Story