Author Topic: Sneaking about, and looking good doing it.  (Read 22441 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Sneaking about, and looking good doing it.
wow, this turned out better thatn i thought, it was looking a little weak at first but you managed save it. nice work.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
:yes: :yes: :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Solatar

Is it possible to see the cockpit from the inside? I thought it was possible with one of Venom/Nico's Perseus models, but half an hour of searching gave me nothing.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
yeah, but search is broken right now anyway. Try going back several pages in the SCP forum and finding the thread(s) on visible cockpits.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Add "show ship" to the ship flags.  And while the eyepoint is at the pilot's eye in this thing, there wasn't room to make the pilot actually able to see out; the first cross of the canopy will be directly in front of you.

I actually tried to make it work, but it just wasn't happening with this model.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
's what happens sometimes. just make the pilot a little shorter. :p Like 5'9 or something ;)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Actually I ran into this while doing the Apollo. Seems the forward canopy strut on the in-game model was removed for the cutscene so you could get a good look a the pilot, and vice versa. I think there's precedent enough there that we can remove some canopy supports if we want actual visible cockpits.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Solatar

Thanks for the answer anyway, I was plugging around with random command lines. :D

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Looks great minus one complaint:
The blue lines in the glowmap have rough edges, so it doesn't look as good as the old one in a low light scene...
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
I'm assuming you're refering to the animated glowmap.  That map is garbage, and it doesn't line up correctly with the new map or the mesh itself.  I -highly- recommend deactivating that map before using this mesh, and Turambar has provided a DDS static glowmap to be used until we can get a matching animated glowmap for the new base maps.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
A minor (though work intensive and troublesome thing to do if it ain't so...) thing:

Does the main map have inactive glows? (Ergo glassy, dark tubes in place of the blue parts.)
This ship would be marvelous for the use of activate/deactivate-glow sexp in stealth missions.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
It does not... yet.  Removing the blue from the standard maps shouldn't be difficult I don't think, especially if Turambar still has the photoshop file.  The maps are still a bit of a WIP.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i'll darken them for ya no prob
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Taylor's going to kill me for abusing the .eff code :p

I updated the zip, but it's minor so don't waste your time downloading it again if you already have it.  If you do have it, add this eff file (right-click, save-as) to your data/maps directory.  It's a hack to get the static glowmap to override the animated glow in mv_adveffects.vp until a new animated one gets made.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 09:00:15 pm by 570 »

Offline Starks

I need to play the Transcend campaign again... The model would look awesome.
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Grr. how dare you steal my cockpit glass texture  ;)

Anwyays, she looks quite good, but that link to the new Eff isn't working

Great job on a great model!!!

I would've darkened out the glowing parts in the main map though, so the ship looks nice should some fredder decide to turn off the glowmaps, or should we get code that turns off glows on debris.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Originally posted by FireCrack
Grr. how dare you steal my cockpit glass texture  ;)

Anwyays, she looks quite good, but that link to the new Eff isn't working

Great job on a great model!!!

I would've darkened out the glowing parts in the main map though, so the ship looks nice should some fredder decide to turn off the glowmaps, or should we get code that turns off glows on debris.

Fair enough, since that glass texture is used on the Ares too ;)

The link's been fixed (it's a glowmap, duh).  And Turambar said he'd darken the stripes at some point.  Probably around the same time as getting to that animated glowmap...

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I thaught the ares used it's own texture, owell, mine wsa better ;)

Anyways, that's good to hear! How was the animated glowmap done for the original?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Raptor

Originally posted by StratComm
I updated the zip, but it's minor so don't waste your time downloading it again if you already have it.  If you do have it, add this eff file (right-click, save-as) to your data/maps directory.  It's a hack to get the static glowmap to override the animated glow in mv_adveffects.vp until a new animated one gets made.

What if one doesn't have the mv_adveffects.vp?:p

& BTW, that is one cool looking pegasus.  Haven't yet tried in game (been to busy messing with BSG stuff) but it looks great.
...There ought to be something surreal about a Zoid offering romantic advice...and yet there is not. It seems perfectly normal that the Liger is giving Bit advice on relationships, and it shouldn't, but it does. Dangit man, you've confused me again.[/I]
NGTM-R review of one of the chapters in my fanfic story :D Story is here! -> 'Ancient Legacies'

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
It's a 21 character ASCII file for a "1-frame animation".  Does it matter? :p

The old animated map was an ANI, done by lightspeed back in the day IIRC.  Unfortunately it doesn't line up perfectly with the new map, so that's why I posted up an override.