Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 221404 times)

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
Disabling the engines probably isn't worth it, as it takes more than a minute just to get to the main engine at the rear, but the nav system is near the front so there's no reason not to hit that. Another thing about the mission is that we might as well call in the Hecate immediately. If the corvette survives, it has a repeating beam-fire event on a beefed-up turret to help kill the Sathanas, so having the destroyer there to draw fire as early as possible could be handy.

By the way, by some miracle of fate I've been given tomorrow off, so if anyone feels like playing again tonight I'd be up for giving it another go :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this fir
I'm up.

EDIT: What's your system specs? I can host too, as it would probably be faster, as I live near the US, and most people come from there.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
There's a game on right now.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I'm pretty tied up with work today unfortunately, although I might drop in later for a game or two if you're still playing.

Offline Shade

Cole had to go so done for now, but I'll be up and around for several hours yet if you feel like a few games later :) I'm 3k away from overtaking tom on the rankings... doing that would feel good considering how much grief his build has cost everyone :p

[Edit] And I just noticed you're less that 10k from the #1 spot... talk about incentive ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 05:00:55 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Great game, our third guy was also having FSO problems.

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Yeah, was a good game, but it would be better if it weren't so biased towards the host. Once it came down to 1 on 1 it was just plain unfair. I do wonder if those capships would ever have died if we had stuck around long enough though :p

Offline Shade

I feel like playing some more (plus, I slept until 1pm today so I can afford being up a bit later than usual on a weekday ;)), so I'll host a few games starting around 10pm GMT if anyone is interested. That's a little less than 1 1/2 hours from now.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Might be able to.

(game is in a half-hour)

Offline Shade

So I sprained my ankle today. It hurts a lot and I can barely make it to the fridge in one stretch. That's bad  :( However, my work involves tons of walking and running up and down stairs which means I've no choice but to stay at home until it mends itself. At home wiith my computer. That's good. A computer which has a working FS2 install and fast internet access. That's shiny :)

What I'm getting at here is that there's a considerable risk of me running games at random times for the next 3-4 days until my ankle can once again passably imitate the particular type of movement known as a 'step'. So pay attention to the FS2Net website or the game viewer if you're interested in some weekday FS2 multi-gaming. Now, there's also a considerable risk of me flying rather worse than usual due to the awkward position the joystick needs to be in to allow me to put my leg up on the table, but hey, one can't have it all.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:10:08 pm by Shade »

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
So I sprained my ancle today. It hurts a lot and I can barely make it to the fridge in one stretch. That's bad  :( However, my work involves tons of walking and running up and down stairs which means I've no choice but to stay at home until it mends itself. At home wiith my computer. That's good. A computer which has a working FS2 install and fast internet access. That's shiny :)

What I'm getting at here is that there's a considerable risk of me running games at random times for the next 3-4 days until my ancle can once again passably imitate the particular type of movement known as a 'step'. So pay attention to the FS2Net website or the game viewer if you're interested in some weekday FS2 multi-gaming. Now, there's also a considerable risk of me flying rather worse than usual due to the awkward position the joystick needs to be in to allow me to put my leg up on the table, but hey, one can't have it all.
I thought that you said uncle! :lol: What job do you have?

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Shade I will play :) you host I join? I will go easy on you :) I shouldn't crash aslong as its just you and me and not many enemies... a team vs team mission is good for me :)
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline Shade

What job do you have?
I work in the postal service. 8 hours a day in a combination of standing, running, biking and stairclimbing... not exactly the best thing for a sprained ankle :p

[Edit] Oh, and I may host a few games later on (like, an hour from now maybe), but right now I'm more concerned with getting some food prepared and with doing some paperwork (PS. paperwork should be banned. I hate that ****).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:09:43 pm by Shade »

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Lol ouch... Get better soon and remember: If I am online HLP I will ALWAYS be willing to play multiplayer. Oh and Shade what time is it where you are? its 7 PM atm EST... just wondering since you said you MIGHT host a game tonight and your tonight might be my midnight...
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
So I sprained my ankle today. It hurts a lot and I can barely make it to the fridge in one stretch. That's bad  :( However, my work involves tons of walking and running up and down stairs which means I've no choice but to stay at home until it mends itself. At home wiith my computer. That's good. A computer which has a working FS2 install and fast internet access. That's shiny :)

What I'm getting at here is that there's a considerable risk of me running games at random times for the next 3-4 days until my ankle can once again passably imitate the particular type of movement known as a 'step'. So pay attention to the FS2Net website or the game viewer if you're interested in some weekday FS2 multi-gaming. Now, there's also a considerable risk of me flying rather worse than usual due to the awkward position the joystick needs to be in to allow me to put my leg up on the table, but hey, one can't have it all.

Sucks to hear that. Although it's always nice to get a few days off. :)

I'm going to be getting increasingly busy over the next few weeks, in the lead up to my qualifying exam on January 10. I should still have time for the Saturday games (except maybe the weekend just before it), but probably not much more often than that until the exam is over. I might make an exception during the holiday period though if we're expecting to get high activity, as it's always a lot of fun to have 6 or more people playing at once.

On a side note, I might be getting a better internet connection here after that exam. They wired the apartments here for the Verizon FiOS service today. I'm currently on a Comcast cable line and it's working well for the most part, but it's on the expensive side (comes with cable TV which I don't use at all, but buying the internet alone is actually more expensive for some odd reason) and FiOS has much better upload speeds in particular, which is useful to have for hosting games.

Offline Shade

There's no risk of anyone catching up to you, so I'd say you're safe to concentrate on your exam :) Besides, that stuff is important. It's nothing like the saturday games anyway, it'll just be one or two games here and there, probably with very few people, nothing at all like 4 hours of concentrated gaming.

Oh, another thing. Interesting tidbit: Gaming is the best painkiller I know of. Once I immerse myself in a good game, real-world pain just doesn't register :p The type of game really doesn't matter either, as long as it's good enough to keep my attention locked. Who needs pills, anyway? I bet it's healthier too instead of pumping myself full of medication.

comes with cable TV which I don't use at all
Heh, I've got the exact same attitude towards cable TV. I have it, but I don't use it. Here, it's not a matter of a cable line being cheaper along with TV though, it's simply a matter of it only being available period if you've got cable TV already. And since I can't opt out of cable TV where I live, it's the best choice for the money. In fact, just about the only times I use my TV is when Great Big Disasters happen somewhere in the world, or to watch DVDs. For everything else, like news, weather, etc., I use the computer.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Heh, I've got the exact same attitude towards cable TV. I have it, but I don't use it. Here, it's not a matter of a cable line being cheaper along with TV though, it's simply a matter of it only being available period if you've got cable TV already. And since I can't opt out of cable TV where I live, it's the best choice for the money. In fact, just about the only times I use my TV is when Great Big Disasters happen somewhere in the world, or to watch DVDs. For everything else, like news, weather, etc., I use the computer.
We get satellite. It's 80$, but we share the bill with my uncle, who is on the same plan, so we only pay 40$. Bell doesn't actually approve of this, but my dad works for them and they screw him over every day, so he doesn't have any qualms about screwing them over. ;7 And what's more, when we stopped paying for cable, Eastlink forgot to disconnect it and we've had free cable for 2 years.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Well, I'm stuck at home today too, but for a different reason. My glasses broke in the morning when I was cleaning them.  :mad: I've wasted over four hours trying tape or glue the frame together again, but it's a lost cause. I'm almost blind without them and can't drive anywhere to get them fixed, so I've asked a neighbor to drop me at a nearby mall and am waiting for her to arrive. I have no idea if the store there can do anything about it, but it's worth a try.

Hopefully I can somehow get them fixed or replaced by tomorrow, as I certainly can't play games in this state (or study for that matter). I can post stuff on forums, but I have to put my face up to the monitor to see what I'm typing. :p

This frame is a complete piece of trash. Despite being quite expensive, it has broken at least five times in some way or another since I've had it. Titanium construction my ass. :doubt:

Offline Shade

Re: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!
Ouch. I'd rather be limping than blind. I guess that if it worst comes to worst, you could always just forget about the frame and tape the actual lenses in front of your eyes... it would look bloody ridiculous but at least it would let you study :p

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
True.