Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

Request for Comments: Programmable action system

<< < (3/3)

Nightmare:
It was never implented (well, afaik). The code linked in the first post hasnt been merged and there's no mention in the "Subsystem" entry on the wiki so I guess it remained unfinished.

Ironically I had a similar idea around the time this was posted although I missed this thread: each subsystem would create a particle effect upon destruction instead of the normal fireball.tbl-based one, also each turret would explode differently. Lasers would create a brief flash, Beams have a big flash followed by leaking plasma, flak and missile turrets would spill shrapnels and so forth. On top of that effect I *think* it'd be possible to specify further effects on delay so after the initial explosion/flash happend you'd have plumes of smoke come out of the destroyed subsystem/turret with the size decreasing over time.

m!m:
The relevant code was merged and is in the actions folder: https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/tree/master/code/actions
I guess I never got around to updating the wiki though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version