Author Topic: PCS 2 Wishlist thread  (Read 26253 times)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Oh, and one last thing...  Can we please have a move up/move down button so that we can exchange the weapon point positions in the weapon banks without having to do a lot of copydeleting?

Ex. Moving bank 1 down would make bank 2 become bank 1 and bank 1 would become bank 2 and so on...
click-drag doesnt work?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Oh, and one last thing...  Can we please have a move up/move down button so that we can exchange the weapon point positions in the weapon banks without having to do a lot of copydeleting?

Ex. Moving bank 1 down would make bank 2 become bank 1 and bank 1 would become bank 2 and so on...
click-drag doesnt work?

It works for me but it is a bit of a bind manually moving 8 firepoints, and its worse when dealing with large missile banks
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
I'd very much like a bounding box override in some shape or form. My top choice would probably be a way to import it the same way you can import vecs: that is, if you have an object named "bbox" linked to a submodel, then PCS2 calculates the bbox (for that submodel) based on that object's dimensions.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
I want it to look me in the eye when it shakes my hand.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
I'd very much like a bounding box override in some shape or form. My top choice would probably be a way to import it the same way you can import vecs: that is, if you have an object named "bbox" linked to a submodel, then PCS2 calculates the bbox (for that submodel) based on that object's dimensions.
It's not that simple. Bounding boxes get recalculated whenever they might have changed. Doing an override like with radii seems fairly straightforward though.

Offline zookeeper

It's not that simple. Bounding boxes get recalculated whenever they might have changed. Doing an override like with radii seems fairly straightforward though.

Fair enough, whichever is easier. However, wouldn't it then be easy to make it so that if a submodel has a "bbox" child, its bounding box is calculated and used to pre-fill the override values for the parent's box?

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Fair enough, whichever is easier. However, wouldn't it then be easy to make it so that if a submodel has a "bbox" child, its bounding box is calculated and used to pre-fill the override values for the parent's box?
Sure, if everything else was done (and I hope you mean a child of the helpers for a submodel). Please provide an example of that and for custom radius as well.

Global bounding box overrides and the new UI for radius overrides are done.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:58:15 am by Spicious »

Offline zookeeper

Sure, if everything else was done (and I hope you mean a child of the helpers for a submodel). Please provide an example of that and for custom radius as well.

Global bounding box overrides and the new UI for radius overrides are done.

Ah, cool. Here's a testcase for the submodel-specific bbox and radius overrides (the size of the radius helper is fairly random, though). It has the following hierarchy:

Code: [Select]
Detail-0
|- WingLeft (both wings go outside Detail-0's bbox, hence the need to override it)
|- WingRight
|- helper
   |- bbox (this is actually a mesh object, not a helper)
   |- radius

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Chequered texture view :3 ?
Some sort of Troll face generator?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Now with subobject and PMF support. DAE support later.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

I also want to add my support for PCS to either import DAE files from a wider variety of Collada exporters or accept some additional formats such as OBJ and/or 3DS.

i m in for OBJ format.

I want to be able to import NON hierarchy defined geometry and define the hierarchy in PCS2

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Now with support for importing custom bounding boxes for subobjects from DAE. (The sample radius doesn't actually seem to have a size)

I also want to add my support for PCS to either import DAE files from a wider variety of Collada exporters or accept some additional formats such as OBJ and/or 3DS.
i m in for OBJ format.
You're volunteering to add support for OBJ?

I want to be able to import NON hierarchy defined geometry and define the hierarchy in PCS2
I have no idea what you're asking for.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

He wants to be able to link objects in PCS2 rather than in a modelling program.. The reasoning for that is beyond me.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

What i think assasing123 is asking for is to be able to import a model file into PCS2 where the objects are all on the same level and then move them around to place the child objects on the detail levels rather than having to do it in the modelling program, as a blender user this is of no interest to me as hierarchies are easy but i am not sure if some programs can be tricky to set them up. 

As it is when PCS2 imports a model file any root level objects that dont start with something like detail or lod (i think lod works) is ignored.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
People can do awesome modeling in Wings3D or Sketchup... and then they get to this step, and they go "What is an 'helper object' :confused: I speak polygon."

It should be possible to do it like this:
  • Using the program of your choice...
    • Model something awesome
    • Export OBJ
  • Using PCS2
    • Import OBJ
    • Tell PCS2 how to use each of the objects in that OBJ
    • Set up additional data

What i think assasing123 is asking for is to be able to import a model file into PCS2 where the objects are all on the same level and then move them around to place the child objects on the detail levels rather than having to do it in the modelling program, as a blender user this is of no interest to me as hierarchies are easy but i am not sure if some programs can be tricky to set them up. 

As it is when PCS2 imports a model file any root level objects that dont start with something like detail or lod (i think lod works) is ignored.

exactly this! is true blender users dont have any problem at all, but some programs are pretty good at modelling easily but dont have support for nodes. not to mention i find PCS2 much more easier to use to define hieararchy than blender or anything else.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You CAN shuffle around hierarchy in PCS2.
Just drag and drop the subobjects around.

To get it to import you just need to parent everything to say, detail0...
You can set up all the other hierarchy later, assuming everything is split into separate objects already.

WARNING: Droid803 is not responsible if PCS2 crashes on you or screws up your model. Just saying that I've rearranged hierarchy in PCS2 before, and its entirely doable. Feature already exists.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:52:36 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline zookeeper

Now with support for importing custom bounding boxes for subobjects from DAE. (The sample radius doesn't actually seem to have a size)

There's some kind of an offsetting problem with the imported bboxes. This should illustrate what's happening:

EDIT: Naturally, in both cases detail-0 itself is at 0,0,0 as it should be.

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
Transformations on "helpers" nodes aren't supported.