Author Topic: fs2netd  (Read 5991 times)

Offline Inquisitor

Visit Game Warden and use their server now that it's running - Karajorma
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 12:19:55 pm by 122 »
No signature.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
how do you play ip games, anyway?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Worry not, for Game Warden has it's own server software up and running!
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
yeah yeah, i saw the damn thing. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Treelor

Yeah.. It's been about... A while. Is it up now? (I keep getting Connection Failed)
hi

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
:welcome:!!!!

*watches treelor's bloody remains twitch*

oops, i overdid it a little... :nervous:

anyway, if it's connection failed, then no, it's not. *bangs on ceiling* get your ass working and get fs2netd working, inquisitor!

Offline Treelor

It's just that my point is that I went to the access point and there were people logged on and Sniper was hosting a server (and it's number was 3, so I assume that meant 3 people were there). Sooo.. Yeah. ><

If I could figure out how to do an IP game I could get there... Please for the love of god dont tell me it needs IPX. IPX = EVIL.
hi

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
You add the server's IP to options->Multi
-C

Offline Treelor

I did, but I dont see a direct connect option... I probably need to set it up in the launcher.
hi

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
eh, no. :p

go to options in fs2, then go to multi. select the thing you use for direct ip and put in the server ip. :)

Offline Treelor

Okay... I selected TCP
Entered the IP (minus the port, thinks its invalid with it)
I went to server browser, nothin. Refreshed about 20095820 times, nothin. Anythin I'm doin wrong?
hi

Offline Treelor

I guess they left... Must my cry go unanswered? (Ill keep checking back anyway, I'm wierd like that :nervous: )

I give up, seeya tomorrow. :doubt:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 09:06:41 pm by 2916 »
hi

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've edited the first post to point to Game Warden as well. IP games aren't your only option any more. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wolfdog

Originally posted by Treelor
I guess they left... Must my cry go unanswered? (Ill keep checking back anyway, I'm wierd like that :nervous: )

I give up, seeya tomorrow. :doubt:

Also, that game has been running for over a week now. you can be sure it's not there.

Offline Treelor

Ahh... Well I don't see any servers on their FS2NetD either, Ill go check their forums.
hi

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I keep getting hacked tables errors nomatter what, anyone know what could casue this?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Dont use MV_Music and all tables should check out.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
A rogue ships.tbl could also do that. Do a search in your freespace2 folder for *.tbl try moving anything you find (or better still rename it to *.tblDisabled) and see if that helps.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
I ovverode the tables in media vp's by extracing the ones from the root_fs2.vp and duimping them in tables, is there some problem with doing things this way?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

it shouldnt hurt, if at all it should help since the vanilla SCP tables are among the sets I validated. try removing your scp media VPs, if it works slowly add them back until you find the culprit.

I have validated:
Vanilla