Author Topic: Rather odd warpout bug  (Read 1014 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Rather odd warpout bug
Think I've noticed a rather nasty bug but I'll need someone to check it out for me to see if they get the same thing.

Run the attached mission and see if mu wing actually depart. When I try it one of them does while the other two fly 4000m away and then ignore all orders.

When playtesting SoR with a similar situation it locks, requires Task Manager to kill it and then accesses my C drive for about a minute before finally going away.

I tried it with several builds and some did even stranger things. What I got above was with the latest build. With Goobers-20050728 everything worked fine. With Taylors-20050807 all three just jump out  to hyperspace completely ignoring their supposed destination.

Does anyone else get this or is this just a problem with my PC?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I have no idea, but I think you should submit it to Mantis...
*tries to find a link and fails*
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by karajorma
I tried it with several builds and some did even stranger things. What I got above was with the latest build. With Goobers-20050728 everything worked fine. With Taylors-20050807 all three just jump out  to hyperspace completely ignoring their supposed destination.

Does anyone else get this or is this just a problem with my PC?

That problem about fighters warping out rather than to their docking bay was fixed during mid august, and it affected anything that was in a wing, that was ordered to depart through a bay... fighters, transports, anything in a wing.

As for the rest of it, I haven't encountered it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Since everyone doesn't have access to internal, this problem has been identified and a fix is ready but I'm waiting to hear from Goober5000 as to whether or not my fix is the proper thing to do.

The problem is that the fighters are in a formation and though they get the order to depart to a bay they never make the attempt.  Taking them out of formation fixes it but the other option is the keep them in formation if the entire wing is to depart to a bay and just have it handle it that way.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The problem has been known for some time and is already in Mantis as this bug:
http://lore.maxgaming.net/~scp/mantis/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000118

Only recently is it applying to all wings, however.

I believe Taylor's fix is exactly what needs to be done.  I think taking them out of formation is better because the departure code orders the wing to "ai-attack-any" if it can't depart, and that doesn't work well if it's still in formation.