General FreeSpace > FreeSpace Discussion

Is It Possible To Use The Knossos Luncher Offline?

<< < (2/6) > >>

perihelion:
You should be able to turn on the "hot spot" feature on your phone where it broadcasts a short-range wifi signal that will show up on your computer's list of available wifi networks.

herkie423:

--- Quote from: perihelion on May 22, 2022, 08:48:40 pm ---You should be able to turn on the "hot spot" feature on your phone where it broadcasts a short-range wifi signal that will show up on your computer's list of available wifi networks.

--- End quote ---

Yeah. Unfortunately, I'm not using a laptop which has built in WIFI. I'm using PC desktop without a WIFI receiver.

Mito [PL]:
You'd need to try tethering your phone to your computer via USB. The procedure will be likely different in different phone models, so you'd need to try googling for whether your phone is capable of such and how to enable this functionality.

herkie423:

--- Quote from: Mito [PL] on May 23, 2022, 12:32:43 pm ---You'd need to try tethering your phone to your computer via USB. The procedure will be likely different in different phone models, so you'd need to try googling for whether your phone is capable of such and how to enable this functionality.

--- End quote ---

Ok. I will try that. If this works, this will be awesome. I know this possible with a laptop. My phone is Samsung Galaxy A22.

If I get this to work and have the Knossos plus the new FSO and MVPs, my mods, AFR and TBG, will have a complete overhaul. I will be back to modding again.

Thanks, Mito. I Appreciate it.

herkie423:
Jesus Christ! There it is! ... "Mobile Hotspot and Tethering." I've been using smartphones for 10 years now and it's right in front of me this whole time! The option is there. Damn!

Now, I got to get this thing working. This is new for me. Thaaank yooou, Mito. 😀 😃 🙂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version