Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FRED Academy

[FA] C5M2 Primus

(1/16) > >>

Primus:
Working hard...

First version of the FA campaign 5 (TBP), mission 2.
DOWNLOAD

Note. In the briefing there's 'system ??'  because the systems hasn't been decided yet.

85% of this mission was done tonight. Been fredding all day long...

karajorma:
:) Well this will make a nice break from working on the FAQ :)

Fergus:
I'll get testing this too.

karajorma:
I quite liked the mission :) The sentri were tough but killable. I didn't feel particularly threatened by them at any point but I was playing on easy.

Technically I found a few flaws with the timing of the messages but when I look at the mission in FRED I can't see anything you've done particularly wrong. I'll try the mission again with the voice synth turned off and see if that makes things better.

Apart from that

[*]The first wing of centauri fighters appear to jump in though and that's just wrong. Fighters can't form a jump point on their own. Have them appear with no warp effect and say that they've sneaked in on a low power approach.

[*]Why does the G'Tok have beam free orders for a sensor subsystem? In the g'tok lock main guns and g'tok free main guns You appear to be locking and freeing the wrong subsystem.

[*]The Narn fighters will all accept a depart order from the player. Since fighters can't jump out on their own this needs to be fixed from the player orders options.

[*]:lol: The last one made me laugh. I thought you guys knew by now that I always check for an AWOL debrief. I noticed you've fixed the mission so that Alpha 1 can't leap out (which I was impressed by) but you made one error. Start the mission and immediately press Alt-J. You'll kick yourself when you see what happens.
[/List]

Not bad for a first go though. This one is pretty close to being done as is.

Primus:
You know.. I played the mission without any pilot anis, because they messed up the timing of the messages. I thought it was because I have a low-end PC.

I'll fix those things. And why? Oh, why did you press Alt-J at the beginning? :lol:

[EDIT] The mission is pretty easy on medium too. Although the Sentris knocked out my sensors five times.. Anyway, I was thinking maybe adding a one more wing of Centauri fighters jumping in with the Vorchan..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version