Author Topic: STR Intro Movie Not Playing  (Read 2274 times)

Offline AV8R

STR Intro Movie Not Playing
Since switching over to Knossos as my launcher (which is slowly growing on me), I discovered and issue when starting ST:R through the Knossos launcher.

At first, the intro movie would not play and I would immediately get the pilot selection box and then into the game. I went ahead and redownloded ST:R through Knossos and tried again and this time, the FS1 (FSPort) intro movie started playing instead of the new ST:R intro movie. I checked to make sure ST:R's OGGs were in the Movies folder under ST:R's folder (which they were) and had Knossos do an integrity check too (which was fine).

I ran ST:R again (and again, the FSPort intro movie played again) and went into the Cutscenes area to see which movies would be listed. I pressed Ctrl-Shift-S to show the complete list and looked for ST:R's movies and they were listed, but FSPorts' movies were also listed (the 2 ST:R movies were last on the list after all of FSPort's movies).

Is this why ST:R's opening movie won't play when ST:R starts? Also, FSPort's movie cutscenes shouldn't be listed while playing ST:R, correct?

Re: STR Intro Movie Not Playing
Possibly the STR intro starts playing when you start the campaign?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It sounds like everything’s working correctly to me. STR is just a campaign for fsport, not a separate mod. Start the campaign.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
ST:R does have a different intro movie and ending cutscene though, and is technically a mod of FSPort (different music and wingman personas, mostly), rather than just a campaign.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yup, what these guys said.

Offline AV8R

If I launch ST:R using Launcher 5.5g, it plays the correct movie (ST:R intro). That's the only reason I thought this was an issue.

But I did verify, as Nightmare stated, that when you begin the campaign in the Ready Room the video plays before the mission briefing - so I guess it just plays at a different point through Knossos.

Anyway, move along please - nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If I launch ST:R using Launcher 5.5g, it plays the correct movie (ST:R intro). That's the only reason I thought this was an issue.

It's not supposed to. :wtf:  The only way it would do that is if the movie were called intro.ogg -- which might be possible if someone renamed it on disk.  But in the mod, it's called str_intro.ogg.