19 (7.5%)
GTF Myrmidon
14 (5.5%)
GTF Ares
43 (16.9%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Favorite terran fighter  (Read 97329 times)

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Re: Favorite terran fighter
I love Perseus fighters, their smooth feel, their amazing agility, and the ability to blast the crap out of anything in front of it
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
And I dislike them more than I dislike most of the other Terran fighters because they're too slippery.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Actually, I think a lot of Terran Fighters combined together would be something like the ultimate fighter. I don't know. But the Perseus is something like the Valkyrie. You can use it, but if the mission is something for a Hercules, than you've got a problem. Imposible Uncorrect.
Corpus Delicti, near Release!
I'm Sorry for my quite bad English, I'm German.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Most people in SW missions would skip the Pegasus and use the Ptah.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
+1 for the Ulysses. I know, I know, it's not one for furious missile lobbing, but the speed! Oh, the speed...

Combined with the slippery-est target profile after the Pegasus and extreme maneuverability, it's my dream come true. I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, but it fits my flying style...

'A Game of TAG' is heaven in space... :D
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

I still like the Pegasus. Even he is a bit like the Ulysses, who has the same quality's. Even the Pegasus has a Stealthability, what makes him a bit interesting. Just a bit, I mean its not so exciting to fly with Stealthtechnology. I mean, the Pegasus is good looking, but he isn't a good fighter. Even He's good to fly observationmissions. But I still like the Pegasus. :D Imposible Uncorrect

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Except for the fact that you are given a bank of Prometheus R. :ick:

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

and it's ****ty primary placings.... damn it's so frikking hard to completely hit a target smaller than a cruiser with those primaries.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
And yet with an Apollo it's easier.
At least for me it is. :nervous:

Offline Enioch

So? Do you think I use them at all? :p :D

and it's ****ty primary placings.... damn it's so frikking hard to completely hit a target smaller than a cruiser with those primaries.

You're kidding? :nervous: I always found them to be perfect for me...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam

not kidding... the two cannons are way too separated, a dragon and other sleek ships will be able to fly right in front of you and when you shoot at them both energy bolts will pass right beside the edges without touching it.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The Ulysses is ideal for A Game of TAG because it's small and fast, so you can TAG a Shivan and run away before the Warspite's ULTRAs open fire.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Enioch

not kidding... the two cannons are way too separated, a dragon and other sleek ships will be able to fly right in front of you and when you shoot at them both energy bolts will pass right beside the edges without touching it.

Not if you stick to their tail. If you manage to do it, wide firing points are actually better. If you're fighting a Dragon (which jerks around and spins and flies circles around you :D) and flying a fighter with concentrated fire, you're either hit with both bolts, or miss completely. But if you're firing from wide-spaced guns, chances are that, by trying to swerve out of the way, the Dragon will actually run into one of your bolts.

I guess it's our different flying styles... :)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You wonder why I don't use the Artemis more often ... but then again, there's always the Ursa. ;)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Krelus

You wonder why I don't use the Artemis more often ... but then again, there's always the Ursa. ;)

I honestly think the Artemis's gun placement was a balance feature. As is, it's capable of doing a decent job of defending itself, far better than other bombers, but it can't outperform any of the fighters in dogfight roles. I always thought a bit of the ol' Athena's spirit made it in there, myself.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The way I see it the Artemis was about as good as killing fighters as the Ursa. Mainly because of its terrible gun placement and its very typical bomber maneuverability.

The Artemis? I don't use them much often. I like bombers which are...more heavier then others, you know. I like the Artemis, but it isn't a good bomber, especially for them who like the bombers that way I like them too.
The Ursa? I like it, but it it has a terrible placement of weapons, just like you said. My favourite bomber in FS1 is: Athena and the Medusa. In FS2: The Zeus and also the Medusa. Imposible Uncorrect

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I don't see the problem with bomber maneuverability. I can kill any ship, even Dragons in some cases, with a Boa or Ursa. I don't find the maneuverability that much of a handicap. And I can use Helioses. (No Myrm cracks.)

I play on Medium.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Try hitting a group of Seths or Taurets with the Artemis and you'll be unsuccessful.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don't see the problem with bomber maneuverability. I can kill any ship, even Dragons in some cases, with a Boa or Ursa. I don't find the maneuverability that much of a handicap. And I can use Helioses. (No Myrm cracks.)

I play on Medium.

Bombers are suicide on Insane.