Author Topic: Concerning the GVB Bakha...  (Read 4601 times)

Concerning the GVB Bakha...
You know, I used to sort of think the Bakha was a stupid ship. I only ever used it in Bearbaiting and High Noon, after all, and those missions wouldn't be a shining first impression of any craft, really.

And it's not that bad. It's a decent fighter-bomber. I got some good use out of it in Procyon Insurgency -- though that was mostly because of the Phalanx Cannon. Point is, it's not some sort of horribly-designed deathtrap, like Bearbaiting might make it seem.

On the other hand...there's not a lot recommending it. It's not great at any of the roles it fills. The Sekhmet is a better bomber, and arguably a better fighter-bomber, too. And the Tauret is almost certainly a superior heavy fighter.

So, I don't hate it, but...

I guess what I'm trying to say is -- it's not like I like you or anything, Bakha.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Concerning the GVB Bakha...

You made an effort.

Edit: Apparantly dropbox does not a good image hosting make.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:40:13 pm by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

There was an attempt.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
It works way better as a bomber for a hostile force, let me tell you.

Submitted in the July 2018 Screencap Contest
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

You made an effort.
I'd say it was worth it, well played.

Stupid bomber! I'm only flying you because I have to, n-not because I like you. S-so don't get the wrong idea, got it?! Baka!

Stupid bomber! I'm only flying you because I have to, n-not because I like you. S-so don't get the wrong idea, got it?! Baka!

Crap, I should have thought to incorporate something like that. Could've helped with the foreshadowing.

Honestly the Bakha is just idiotic. hur hur
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:22:50 pm by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
I would always prefer a Bakha over a Boanerges which is nothing more like a flying tomb like the Ursa...

Even all of them are simple crap against the Sekhmet, true.

But well... i always hated Bomber missions in this game because of the AI that can not protect you anyway. So a Bomber that can be used as a Fighter is always needed IMO.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 04:23:09 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

I would always prefer a Bakha over a Boanerges which is nothing more like a flying tomb like the Ursa...

Even all of them are simple crap against the Sekhmet, true.

But well... i always hated Bomber missions in this game because of the AI that can not protect you anyway. So a Bomber that can be used as a Fighter is always needed IMO.

Well the Bak(h)a is kinda related to suicide and bombing (check the nickname of that thing): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokosuka_MXY-7_Ohka

You do know that it is pronounced 'Bek', right?

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
You seem like a bekha.
Urutorahappī!!

You seem like a bekha.

Haty-ek em mi kha.

Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Kestrellius, I respect you for this thread. It's a good thread and I've enjoyed my time reading it.

N-not that I like you or anything...
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Haty-ek em mi kha.
What did you just call my mother?!
Urutorahappī!!

According to a website of unknown reliability it means "Your mind is like an empty room" in Ancient Egypt.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
According to a website of unknown reliability it means "Your mind is like an empty room" in Ancient Egypt.
Mods?! Are you just going to allow this?!
Urutorahappī!!

Spoon asked for mods, not admins! ;)

Use Ancient Egyptian as a placeholder for writing Vasudan language.