Author Topic: World of Tanks: Beams und Panzer Edition  (Read 15743 times)

Offline CKid

Re: World of Tanks: Beams und Panzer Edition
The Marder II 38T is a pain in the ass so far...and I fear the whole line is nimble as hell.

The whole line is all about big guns and no armor. HE shells are very dangerous. I free expd to the Nashorn to skip the lower tier stuff and placed my Jagdpanther 2 crew in it. Plus it shares many of the modules that 1st TD line has. Its amazing when not spotted, farming damage with the long 88 is a breeze. It is NOT a carry tank, if you lead the attack, you are doing it wrong. You will need the support of your team to spot targets and to keep the enemy at a distance. These TDs like their personal space.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:30:30 pm by CKid »
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
That's entirely true, though I find all TDs below tier 10 have a hard time of carrying because of their low HP, making taking hits when necessary not an easy task.

Also, you did good in skipping the Marder 38T and so. The 38T is literally a prenerf Marder 2 thrown up a tier and given worse gun dispersion, it's weird.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CKid

Droid, check your PMs for the sound mods.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline crizza

That's entirely true, though I find all TDs below tier 10 have a hard time of carrying because of their low HP, making taking hits when necessary not an easy task.

Also, you did good in skipping the Marder 38T and so. The 38T is literally a prenerf Marder 2 thrown up a tier and given worse gun dispersion, it's weird.
Puh...I have to disagree with you here. The Ferdinand and the JP2 are neat TDs, although the JP has not the thickset armor of the Ferdi, I'm better of with this tank.
The new german TDs on the other hand have on glaring weakspot: Their turrets...
I hoped that the germans would get a TD line which includes the Ferdi, but this won't happen I guess.

Concerning the Marder 2 T38, I'll grind free XP to skip it...it just riuns my stats and normaly I play for fun...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Ironically the 38T does really well for me.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Ironically the 38T does really well for me.

Me too.
Cammo net + binoculars + hiding in a bush behind the front lines and snipe away.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline crizza

Dunno, every time I play the 38t, I end up with a team of dumb guys.
Just played sand river, the whole team rushed one flank, while I and a fellow 38t tried to defend the other flank...we were simply gutted.

Offline Husker

Hey now, you forgot me.
Husker = Worf359, NA server. Winrate sucks, but I've gotten a ton of stupid players. A member of the clan WNx.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
EDIT: To my surprise, that little signature tag several of us posted updates automatically.  The more you know.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Bloody hell, some of the the new german TD's have ridonkolous guns.
The tier V has a 220/240 gun.
The tier 7 has 750 damage gun
And the tier 10? AUTO-LOADER 560dmg, 6 shells, 2 sec between shots!!!!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Dunno, every time I play the 38t, I end up with a team of dumb guys.
Just played sand river, the whole team rushed one flank, while I and a fellow 38t tried to defend the other flank...we were simply gutted.

A pinfull lesson I learned.
If the whole team flanks - go with them. Cap their base before they cna cap yours, rather then die for nothing.

There is an exception fi you CAN hold them off a bit. More than once I made a heroic stand and kept the enemy busy long enough for our side to secure victory. Of course, I got butchered and didn't get much points, despite how cruical my contribution was. But a victory is a victory!... excpet I'm nto doign that these days anymroe. Screw victory, gimme XP and $$$.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Bloody hell, some of the the new german TD's have ridonkolous guns.
The tier V has a 220/240 gun.
The tier 7 has 750 damage gun
And the tier 10? AUTO-LOADER 560dmg, 6 shells, 2 sec between shots!!!!
The tier 7 does not have a 750 damage gun (the tier 8 does, though). Of course, the only really good tanks in the new line would be the 8/9/10 ones. It's a line designed to make people free xp.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Wow I just registered today and I'm getting my arse handed back to me everytime.
Between the incredibly difficult gameplay and the complexity of tiers/research/etc this is turning out to be a nightmare.

Say, what tank should I use for first missions?
el hombre vicio...

What's your ingame name, Rodo? One of us could show you the ropes in a training room.

Most tier 1s are basically the same (except for the british medium, ugh). So pick whichever nation has tanks you want to drive, and use those. If you get a few hits on enemy tanks in a battle and your team wins, you should have enough to upgrade to a tier 2, and pick a specific class of tank.

Anything in particular you're having trouble with?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Pretty much that.

German tanks tend to be snipers, Russian tanks tend to be brawlers, American and British tanks are pretty much middle ground, though American tanks are more burst damage and Brits are more sustained.  French tanks put out "**** you" levels of damage but are otherwise made of paper.  I've not played Chinese tanks, but they're pretty much stuff other countries used with a different name, so meh.

Play the tutorial.  It really helps.  Seriously.  Then, if you're still not keen on the general idea of how to play, find one of us in-game and say something.

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
elQuanto, NA
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Brits have relatively weak but rapid-firing guns with good penetration and shred you under weight of fire, with certain high-tier exceptions (FV215b 183 is called the Death Star for a reason). Americans do everything. Russians tend to brawl, unless they're KV-series or TDs, which snipe better. Germans tend to snipe, with very very few gold HEAT round-powered exceptions.

TDs snipe, mediums snipe at first and brawl once things thin out a bit, heavies snipe unless they're Russian and not KV-line in which case they brawl, light tanks tend to rely on mobility and some distance unless they're scouting passively in which case they rely on not being seen except for Panzer ICs and ELC AMXs which are tiny armored terrorists and go crashing through the enemy line swerving everywhere spraying gunfire because screw you.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
idk, I really love the idea of driving a Tiger. I loved it on BF1942 and that's why I've been upgrading the German light tank.
My preferred way of fighting is high-movility + high ROF weapon + close combat in tight spaces. Other kind of gaming doesn't seem to be that interesting to me.
My name ingame I think it's rododavico.
el hombre vicio...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
idk, I really love the idea of driving a Tiger. I loved it on BF1942 and that's why I've been upgrading the German light tank.
My preferred way of fighting is high-movility + high ROF weapon + close combat in tight spaces. Other kind of gaming doesn't seem to be that interesting to me.
My name ingame I think it's rododavico.

Go for aemircan auto-loader line then.
T71 - auto-loades scout. Fast, good camuflage.
T69 - so far my favoritetank. 4 shots inteh canister, amazing against equal or lower tiers. Against highers, it lacks penetration power.
Tier IX is ... OK (or so I'm told)
The TierX is a monster that can put 4 450 dmg round in you in 8 seconds.

Tiger 1 or Tiger (P) are tier VII tanks, which you could probably unlock in about 1-4 months of dedicated grinding, 5-6 if you're casual about it. I'd highly recommend going for the tank you want to drive, you'll have more fun.

The whole German medium/heavy line can brawl or snipe, once you get to tier V and the Pz IV or VK 30.01H. The lights leading to tier V are not the best, but are useful learning experiences. And I'd also recommend you get a Pz I C because that little troll is FUN.

If the tech tree is a bit confusing for you: to get either the Tiger (P) or Tiger I, you'll need to go for the Pz 35 (t) > Pz 38 (t) > Pz 38 nA (which is annoying to grind) > Pz IV (which is fun) > than choose a VK 30.01 P if you want the Tiger (P) or H if you want the Tiger I.
I prefer to upgrade everything in a tank before moving to the next one, but if you want to go straight for the Tigers, look at the research tree for each tank to see what you'll need to upgrade to unlock the next tank.