Author Topic: The "Unique" Secondaries Thread  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Re: The "Unique" Secondaries Thread
Stasis missile: Freezes an enemy ship in place, disabling weapons and all other capabilities for a minute but also makes it invulnerable.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've suggested this one before... Cluster TAG.

The TAG-D or "Cluster Tag" as its unofficially known, uses the Piranha missile as a basis to launch a number of heat-seeking TAG-A variants, allowing an entire wing of bombers to be tagged at the same time.  The main warhead is made even more deadly, by an EMP charge accompanying the release-detonation.  Therefore, a successful TAG-D deployment against an enemy bomber wing, will initially result in a scrambling of their targeting and the disabling of any nearby warheads.  Soon after, the disoriented bombers are struck by the TAG-Ax child missiles, followed by a concentrated barrage of AAA fire from any slaved turrets.  The TAG-D is currently undergoing combat evaluation with Special Operations Command in the Nebular Theater, pending more wide-spread deployment.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
I love this thread, there are lots of great and funny ideas here!
My idea was having a missile that changes the IFF code of the ship for a few seconds, making the AI attack it.
Or a missile that can be launched, holding the trigger to let it explode on release in a distance you want, and then having either submunitions (like the missiles in Wing Commander Prophecy that spawn 4 IFF missiles) or a big explosion that doesn't much damage. So you could kill swarms of attacking missiles or something.
I don't know if such things exist already, my knowledge of Freespace is pretty limited.
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
A missile that fire delicious biscuits , making the enemy or all enemys in the area chase after it.
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I love this thread, there are lots of great and funny ideas here!
My idea was having a missile that changes the IFF code of the ship for a few seconds, making the AI attack it.

cool idea

Or a missile that can be launched, holding the trigger to let it explode on release in a distance you want, and then having either submunitions (like the missiles in Wing Commander Prophecy that spawn 4 IFF missiles)
thats pretty much every area suppression missile works by you pressing to fire then pressing again to detonate.  see FS1 synaptic missile for homing sub munitions.

or a big explosion that doesn't much damage. So you could kill swarms of attacking missiles or something.
I don't know if such things exist already.

not seen in use but is possible by giving every missile hitpoints for example spoon's WoD lets you gun down most if not all missiles
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
A missile that temporarily overrides control of an enemy turret, causing it to fire on its allies.

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
or missile that is a little more than a rocket attached to a septic tank, open detonation it fills the area with horrible stink clouds and makes the battle space completely uninhabitable. EVERYBODY gives up, goes home and showers for a week straight. many will have nightmares afterwards, and for some the smell will not come off. this would be perfect for planetary bombardments.

more serious now, a mine that fires and explosively formed penetrator at its target when it enters the kill bubble. kinda like a one shot deployable sentry turret.

"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline starlord

I would see use of one weapon, but as I see it, it would only be useful in multiplayer (except perhaps if scripting is involved):

A "blinder" missile. a bit afin to the flash missiles in descent 2.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
A bounce back missile:  (two types)

A. you fire it at enemy ordinance and it makes sort of a water ripple effect, sends the ordinance back where it came.

B. you fire it forward, it goes X distance, then flips over and reverses back behind you to attack anyone there.

Missiles that become shield bits from Gundam.... nuff said.

A missile that when hit turns your IFF to an enemy from your own team so your own AI turns on you and kicks your aft.

O really....
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Re: FlamingCobra's Missile Challenge
Perhaps a missile that adds health to the enemy?  Or improves armor resistances?  Designed to be used on cruisers.
I made a heal missile using scripting, it's pretty easy. One of these days I'll get around to making a better heal gun mission than just altering one from the main campaign.

Here's one I couldn't figure out: a mine which deploys dozens of smaller mines in a 100m radius. With multiple ships dropping them, the engine just can't handle hundreds of secondaries all appearing on screen within seconds of each other. I tried to abstract it into a single object that causes damage as ships fly through it, but I couldn't figure out a good way to do the collision detection.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Legate Damar

• Hail Cardassia!
A missile that homes in towards the direction of the sun and causes a supernova.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
A missile that makes all AI fly in reverse only once hit with it, for a decent duration.

A portal missile. Shoot ship - ship warps out.  Shoot another missile and 5 seconds out it warps in the hit craft at that location.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Now if you want wacky:
Facehugger missile: on a hit, does little damage but starts a timer. When the timer reaches zero, MASSIVE DAMAGE, and damaged or destroyed target spawns a microfighter.
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer

A missile that when hit turns your IFF to an enemy from your own team so your own AI turns on you and kicks your aft.

O really....

Ya rly.
I never mentioned I was the only one with that idea and to be honest I think I read this thread fast enough that I might have overlooked your gramatically a bit... creative sentence. :)
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."