Author Topic: A far-from-typical build  (Read 12278 times)

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I don't get it. Give me a hint. :)
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

It's not the loadout screen is it?

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Okay... I've seen some little things, but I don't think that they are this thing...
One thing I've noticed is in the mission briefing and in the tech room (you can hear it ;) ) - But I think there were builds that had this, too...

The other thing were in the ship selection screen... But this is too little for beeing such a big thing...

And I thought I could saw a little difference in the missions... (Is it something texture related?)

But for now... Nothing too suspicious...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
oh, its that?

i guess i can start lauging at the puzzled people now
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Goob, I just got one of the most (*censored*) crashes I've ever seen.  I'm going to look at something in the techroom (no Intel part, by the way) when it crashes with an error in modelread.cpp.  The filename was made up of characters that aren't part of the English language and there was no extension...
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
ive got a problem too.

Once you fail a mission, or generally have to restart it, the bar loads to full, but then i get no response!  It just stays there at fully loaded, without moving forwards into the game/briefing at all!

:/
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
@Moonsword and Singh: You each get a cookie. :)

Ta-da! :D What does everyone think?

Offline mitac

Mhmm, I'm at work, so I can't test this. But if it includes taylor's OGL spec-mapping, I'm satisfied. ;)
marcet sine adversario virtus.

The repulse actually crashes against the collosus!!!! :)

Really? I got rather tired of seeing in go through it all the time.

Another bug.  The Maxim doesn't work in singe player, in the first Vasudan mission... 'Serapis cannot carry Maxim weaponry' error...
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Originally posted by Nuke
what? you dont want it thouroghly tested by modders before it gets released :D

sorry but i've tested it.  works wonderfully.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Ok, apart from causing the game to crash after every 2nd mission, whats different?
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Hmm.  Very hard to tell.  There seems to be something different about the lighting in D3D, but that may just be cause I'd gotten used to playing it on OGL with Taylor's RLM.  The new loadout stuff is in, but that's been in the last couple of builds too, doesn't exactly seem like a big secret.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Moonsword
Another bug.  The Maxim doesn't work in singe player, in the first Vasudan mission... 'Serapis cannot carry Maxim weaponry' error...
It's probably the table error that's been talked about again and again.  Remove the mediaVPs one by one and see what happens.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Yeah, take out mv_aseffects.vp
-C

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

this looks interesting.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
So this build.... adds bugs?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Lol, if this built add more bugs than others, so this new built sucks :D