Author Topic: X-Wing / Tie Fighter rumors  (Read 10316 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Re: X-Wing / Tie Fighter rumors
Exactly, which would be the one reason why a re-release of X-Wing could have had serious implications for FoTG if it had happened.

Personally, I hadn't stated a preference, simply a concern ;)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'll still play FoTG....

And probably enjoy it more.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I for one have lost all faith in Lucas Arts. Although I thought Mercenaries was fairly amusing...

Whatever happened to games like "The Dig" or "Full Throttle"? "Sam and Max Hit the Road" was sheer genius!

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

I actually just finished Dig last summer. Gawd that was creepy.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I actually just finished Dig last summer. Gawd that was creepy.

In truth, I only had the demo. Even so it was most enjoyable. Is it worth finding on Amazon?

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Whatever happened to games like "The Dig" or "Full Throttle"? "Sam and Max Hit the Road" was sheer genius!
I take it you haven't played any of the excellent new Sam & Max episodes by TellTale Games?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
In truth, I only had the demo. Even so it was most enjoyable. Is it worth finding on Amazon?

-Thaeris

It is.

Come to think of it, that was the first game where I went "hey, that was an awesome soundtrack".
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I bought the original X-Wing, but to a child of that time emm386 is a ***** to work with. I bought the re-released triple pack (circa 95/6 i think O_o) maybe a bit later. Can't find it though. which is a shame as i never finished tie-fighter.

EDIT- you're still talking about XWvTF right?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I've actually got an original, boxed Rebel Alliance in my collection :) Can't find my original X-Wing and T-F games though, I suspect they are long gone :(

Really need to get a joystick again, just seems a pity to spend out that money mostly for playing older games :(

I've got the X-Wing and Tie Fighter collector CDs with all the respective expansions. Also got XWA. I assume they could work on my current system with a little jury-rigging. Never bought XVT. I don't give a crap about multiplayer.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I had the X-Wing Collector's CD ROM for the Macintosh. Probably wouldn't work on OSX without some finageling, but there you go. Worked fine on OS9, though.

Seeing as I currently run a Windows machine, I can't really use the software, but I do still have it. Supposedly the graphics were better for X-Wing and TIE Fighter on the Mac (not XW vs. TF, that was Windows only), and given that they were DOS only (if I remember properly), that makes perfect sense. Always wanted TIE Fighter, never got it...

-Thaeris

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke