Author Topic: How to disable film grain/static effect  (Read 4484 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: How to disable film grain/static effect
A tbm is a modular table file. i.e a shortened version of a table designed to only change a few things while leaving the rest of the table alone. The idea is that you could turn off film grain but your table would be less likely to become obsolete/get in the way when R2 comes out and we change the post-processing table.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline JCQ

• life is hard
    • FREESPACE GAMPLAY VIDS
so basically a tbm is just a txt with only the post processing value in the file?

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
A .tbm is a table modifier, if I'm not mistaken. You can use one to add ships to the ships table, effects to the effects table, etc. Thus, it is indeed a text file, just not quite a full table file.

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Modular_Tables
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline JCQ

• life is hard
    • FREESPACE GAMPLAY VIDS
in the wiki post processing table says its not supported... i tried making the tbm file and it doesnt work... not sure whats up with that

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Looks like it's time for a feature request!

:)
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke