Author Topic: Launcher won't run  (Read 2328 times)

Hoping someone can help me out.  When the game created shortcuts to my desktop they were all blank.  I went into the Diaspora/wxlauncher/bin folder to run wxlauncher but it returns this error:

"Unable to load splash image.  This normally means that you are not running the Launcher from a folder that the launcher does not know how to find the resource folder from.

The launcher is expecting
(C:\Games\Diaspora\wxLauncher\resources) to contain the resource images."

I then get a runtime error.

My resources folder is there and I haven't done anything to it.  I am able to launch the game from it's executable in the main folder, but I can't change my resolution.

Any ideas?

Edit: I should add that this is on Windows 7.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 12:49:55 pm by thecurtster »

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Please take a screenshot of your C:\Games\Diaspora\wxLauncher\resources directory because wxLauncher should run from the bin directory, so you are likely actually missing something.

My resources folder is there and I haven't done anything to it.  I am able to launch the game from it's executable in the main folder, but I can't change my resolution.
You mean you are running fs2_open_Diaspora_R1.exe from the main folder?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Screen attached.

And yes, you're correct, I'm running fs2_open_Diaspora_R1.exe.

Thanks!

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm a little more worried about why your icons are blank to be honest. The Diaspora installer adds the icons and then runs the wxLauncher installer silently to give them something to point at. If the icons are blank it means that something went wrong in that process.

Press rightmouse on the blank icon and call up its properties. The target should be C:\Games\Diaspora\wxLauncher\bin\wxlauncher.exe and the start in: should be C:\Games\Diaspora\wxLauncher\
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]