Author Topic: Oblivion  (Read 7442 times)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
oblivin had trouble rendering a inside of a house .... it loaded it seperately from outside so that transition wasnt seamless and it just couldnt run it as good as the HL2 engine runs much bigger maps than the inside of a fracing house :/
I hate My signature!

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
i have just finished Oblivion, it is a good game but i did find that it lacked depth, the NPC's seemed to be just so 2d and when some spoke and you asked for rumors the voice would change from example and old women to a young womens voice, the only dialog in the game that i found that character and passion in was Patrick Stewart as the Emperor but then its patrick stewart i dn't need to say anything else! and the graphic problems, i mean the game looks odd at 640 x 480 or is that the other way round and it was abit short compared to morrowind. but i did enjoy it, a great game just felt abit rushed to me.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Ooooh.. Gothic 3 came out on the 13th here! :D

www.gothic3.com

If you liked Oblivion.... ;)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
I was overclocking my 850XT when playing it, and I still didn't get a genuinely good frame rate. It's absolutely nuts.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Freespace Freak

• Official forum permanewb
Hmmm, Gothic 3 looks like Oblivion but has an old-school Arena or Daggerfall feel to it.  Bring on the ridiculously beautiful women in scantily clad outfits weilding large phalic symbols!

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
have just bought Gothic 3 today
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
  By the way, if you ever venture to official forums, look me up.  I go by the name of Lord Nerevar. 

We've allready met.

I'm the one who's making (was making. I'ts on hold)  the Warriors of Light mod - Ellderon.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
There was one other thing about Oblivion that made it feel 'half finished', and that was the amount of items you could find that were useless as anything other than trade items. Various degrees of cups, plates, sewing equipment, blacksmithing equipment etc, I always felt that the original plan was to make all of those items useable in some way.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Nope they were just decoration in Morrowind and are just decoration in Oblivion.

They have a purpose though: house decoration.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Freespace Freak

There was one other thing about Oblivion that made it feel 'half finished', and that was the amount of items you could find that were useless as anything other than trade items. Various degrees of cups, plates, sewing equipment, blacksmithing equipment etc, I always felt that the original plan was to make all of those items useable in some way.

Nah, that's just the ambience factor typical of TES games.  If you play Morrowind, they also have all these useless (for the game) items laying around.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Oblivion seems like a watered down version so the masses can understand it.

thats cause they designed it to be a console game, and they had the average console gamer in mind.

i hate how they destroy games like that.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£

Ah, I suppose it also gives the modders some material to use if they want to create expansions, I know there was a smithing one, but it didn't work at all well, I suspect there are others :)

Nah, that's just the ambience factor typical of TES games.  If you play Morrowind, they also have all these useless (for the game) items laying around.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
How clever of you to hide your answer in quotes from other people... :wtf:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It is a valuable lesson in reading between the lines, I hope you learned much....:nervous:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Yes, you can spend many days amassing a huge spoon and earthenware collection in an empty, dusty shack in a tiny village in the arse end of nowhere.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

Yes, you can spend many days amassing a huge spoon and earthenware collection in an empty, dusty shack in a tiny village in the arse end of nowhere.

You may be joking but there are players who actually do that.

I've heard of players who amassed such a huge quantity of paint brushes that they managed to climb the Imperial Tower with them!!!
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
That's impossible, surely?!

I just got into the game myself. First and formost the graphics are stunning. I downloaded a few mods for it to tweak things up a bit and the overall effect is that it's one of the most immersive games I've played. The dialogue is a bit odd, not much depth there I must admit - but the actual game world is colorful and at a glance seems fully functioning.

So yeah, I like it!

Offline Freespace Freak

That's impossible, surely?!

:wtf:  What the hell are you talking about?   :confused:

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I've heard of players who amassed such a huge quantity of paint brushes that they managed to climb the Imperial Tower with them!!!
That's what I'm talking about.

Offline Freespace Freak

That's what I'm talking about.

You use the console command to add item, and add paint brushes to your inventory, then you drop 'em.  Eventually you ought to be able to have enough stacked up to climb that high.