Author Topic: Arwing interceptor and defender development thread  (Read 18320 times)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
  • maveric modeler, the sky is just the begining
Re: Arwing interceptor and defender development thread
ok I have done a bit of tinkering and here is a view at the prototype of the AR-Space dynamics logo(note I do know I need a better pic of the arwing but that is something for the future)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well decided to mess around a tad bit more, so here are two updated versions, I took side renders of my arwings yesterday, so here we are

and scourge managed to track down the original arspace logo, and I will be using it in conjunction with mine, though we will be doing a bit of tinkering with it(mine will be like the STARFOX on the great fox, and the classic will act like the red winged fox on the great fox, and the arwings)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
why hiya guys, yes I am still alive, despite the lack of feedback and still not hearing from dabrain, I am here to present the first WIP PICs of the M0T-H3R SH1P I threw together this morning. and little elaboration on my thoughts behind some of my decisions on the reimgining. First it is actualy the composite of 2 ships, the Foxhound-class dropship, and the Arspace advanced highspeed carrier. The composite design had first been proposed as an advanced vehicle for elite groups of soliders to literaly be deployed as self contained assualt units, however it had only a handful of weapondry, and all ot that was antifighter. several examples of the design was put into production, and used by the conerian army for several commando units, however it proved not to be a large seller so the rest were put into storage for the next decade, and plans for a new conerian dreadnaught, using the concept behind the mothership started development,when James mccloud came to arspace dynamics for a ship to carry and maintain the arwings, he considered the mother ship, but passed it over, as he wanted somethign with heavier weapondry in case of emergency. The design was later ressurected by fara Pheonix, who managed to not only improve the already superb performance, but also managed to alter the foxhound dropship to carry some heavier weapons, and with its large hangers(it can carry 12 arwings, or more conerian fighters), for her commando team.

note I may redo the top portion, and it all needs some more work

note there is not texture yet, colors are just to distingush features, also the 'ears' are attenaes, sort of like the assualt greatfox
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 12:21:47 pm by mandobardanjusik »

Offline crizza

This looks realy sweet.

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
thanks, actualy slightly more modification to the story, it is the foxhound-class gunship, it had similar (technicly more) firepower than the dreadnaught, but diffused though a handful of weapons, and predates the dreadnaught class(great fox), however it lacked highspeed fardistance engines(can be fast in normal speeds though) and hangers, and this deficancy led to the mating to the carrier, for an advanced deployment ship, (and this led to the development of the dreadnauhgt), though in order to activate all weapons it has to be seperate from the carrier, and a handful of foxhounds are still deployed amoung the conerian forces, as it is effective against medium size ships, and occasionaly capital ships. (could be a flyable seperate craft). also when in the mothership configuration the foxhound acts as the main bridge unless deployed

Gunship: a medium size ship, that can carry a decent amount of troops, and bring a large amount of firepower to bear, usualy similar to a bomber, but larger and heavier
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:22:14 am by mandobardanjusik »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well I finally caught axem again, and his adv ice on the mothership, is nuke it, take the casic idea of 2 hangers, and an overhead in the middle superstructure, so I am restarting and going from anothre direction

Aw, that's a shame, sort of. But Axem knows what he's talking about definitely, and it's good that you caught it early instead of when it's almost done. :)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well I am glad I managed to catch him on irc at least, hope I can catch him again. and I think I have an idea, though the tricky part is integrating it to look like a predecessor to the greatfox, so the upper section is very tricky to figure out
on hte upside he likes the defender cockpit

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok since the day before yesterday, I have been beginning the restart, and I decided to start with the hangers. now with the hangers, I deceded upon 2 things, first off I was keeping what I already had as a basse, and second I would return to one of my earlier ideas on the craft, and make the majority of the ship modular, as in made up of other ships, so I think I have the hangers, and now without further adoo, here are the turtle-class industrial carriers(well until I figure out a better name). The turtle is the main transport carrier for arspace dynamics, capable of carrying 2 complete squadrons of conerian fighters and a # of auxilerly ships to bases across the lylat system belonging to their largest client the conerian army, along with some civilian clients as well. It has a large central hanger, and a large patchwork of some of the heaviest armor around, with a main multi segmented space drive, and 2 auxliery drives it is extremely fast in space, however becomes rather slugish in atmosphere due to its shape, and the nuetralization of its main drive. though originaly produced in single units, the dual ship configuration has become standard as it allows for a larger payload, augmented sensors and armenant, and a relatively smaller crew(this will make sense later, when you see it), the turtle only has a handful of weak spots, however considering its realitively light armenant, its mainly a threat to fighters, not capital ships. well enough of my yammering, here are the pics, tell me what you think(I admit I am not great at rendering though)

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok I have gotten far enough on the center where I am confident to show you what I have on hte center so far, though its still quite a WIP, and a couple of scaling pics with my arwings, and the main wolfen prototype

[attachment deleted by ninja]

[attachment deleted by a ninja]

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
That's a pretty huge improvement in the overall shape.

Offline crizza

Impressive, I realy like it :)

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well its not done yet, but it is making progress. and thanks swash

hmm since I am not completly sure of where to go further with the mother ship at the moment, I think I may return some attention to my wolfen mk 2(SF64) model, now that I have a better view on how to improve it, I may redo the central fuselage(and honestly I had forgotten I had made it in the first place)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:25:43 pm by mandobardanjusik »

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
ok I have something new to show you, it is actualy not a starfox ship, it is actualy a metroid ship from the nintendo power comics, however since its from the nintendo universe, I thought it might be a decent idea for a bonus multiplayership, it is a federation fighter, and thats about all the info about it other than one was once used by samus. its for something else, so if you dont want it, thats fine, but I thought it wasnt that bad a ship, and my model isnt bad for a WIP that took me a hour to make
ref:
my model WIP pics:  

Offline mandobardanjusik

• impossible username
well I am home for summer so I should have some more free time. I know that you guys werent super excited boutthe metroid craft, but I do plan to do something new soon, though of courseI cant actualy finish anything without the return of Dabrain. might toy with the assualt great fox next, perhaps make it even cooler