Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305301 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Log Horizon is more interesting than I thought it would be. And apparently it will be getting a second season at some point.

The second season should premiere on this fall. I can't wait, especially since I've read the LN translations I can't wait to see it getting animated.
I'd also like to see the West Wind Brigade side story manga animated, but concidering the timeslot and channel the anime is airing WWB could be too much to handle.

From the series that just began airing, quick impressions in a nutshell for some of them:

- Captain Earth: Corny name, but awesome mecha combination sequence with technology jargon. Also includes rainbow discs, a brown girl in a water bubble and moon boobs.

- Seikoku no Dragonar: Everybody has a pet dragon in this fantasy world, except the MC, who gets a tsundere loli. Apparently it will be a harem series in the end, but the dragons are cool. Boobs are also involved.

- Kenzen Robo Daimidaler: The MC fights against a Penguin Empire with robot, and get's power from groping boobs. It's just an ecchi series, but it's going places... seriously, even their web page is something like this http://penguin-empire.com/   Oh and the penguins have frontal tails. R18 (or at least R16) I think.

The theme for this spring seems to be boobs... seriously.
Oh there is one that doesn't have that theme.

- One week friends: The MC wants to be friends with this girl in his class, but the problem is that the said girl always forgets all the things (except about her family) she experienced during the week on mondays. Still the guy decides to be friends with her every week. Seems like a fluffy healing series, but it can turn into suffering easily. I hope not, since healing is good and the art is cute as hell.

- Hitsugi no Chaika: A loli with a huge magical sniper rifle -and carries a coffin with her-, joins up with an ex soldier to search a meaning for life. 1st ep should air today, I'm actually rather eagerly awaiting for this. Could be good.
Habeeb it...

- One week friends: The MC wants to be friends with this girl in his class, but the problem is that the said girl always forgets all the things (except about her family) she experienced during the week on mondays. Still the guy decides to be friends with her every week. Seems like a fluffy healing series, but it can turn into suffering easily. I hope not, since healing is good and the art is cute as hell.

Fifty First Dates: The Anime?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Lorric

If that girl forgets everything unless it involves her family, then she should be home schooled. :)

I'm actually looking for an anime to watch, anyone have any recommendations?

Depends what your tastes are. For a very general audience, I would probably recommend Robotics: Notes. It's got a lot of various themes and moods, I thought it was very good, the art and animation are nice, and it has almost nothing that most people would find objectionable.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Fifty First Dates: The Anime?

That's pretty much what people are calling it.

If that girl forgets everything unless it involves her family, then she should be home schooled. :)

I think it was a bit more specific, like "She forgets all the stuff about her friends and what she did with them". She's actually good with school for example since she avoids getting friends and have all the time in the world for studying.

As Scourge said it really depends on what you actually like to watch in general. SciFi, Fantasy, Comedy, Drama... pr0n... all of them together? Does it have to be a new series, or is and older quality not an issue?
Otherwise we'd propably just recommend what we liked, and that does not always correlate on your tastes.

But just for the heck of it:

- Girls und Panzer: Cute girls and tanks (no extreme lewdness involved in this actually. There was even a rumour that the AD had instructed the team NOT to include even panty shots). Superb and fun series btw. 12 episodes plus specials. OVA will come soon and a movie in summer.

- Log Horizon: "People get stuck in a virtual MMORPG" -setting, but that's not even entirely the case... but it's kind of hard to describe without giving too much spoilers. Lot's of MMORPG stuff going on (since the author has actually played them and likes RPGs). Lot's of politics and scheming going on too, so some might think it's a tad too slow as a series.

- Hyouka: Hotaro Oreki -who has a life policy of saving energy as much as possible- meets Chitanda Eru, an overly curious girl with energy to spare. Chitandas curiosity drags Oreki into solving several more or less interesting "mysteries" while he himself is unable to decide how to deal with her. Now this is one visually stunning series. Even though the "mysteries" are one of the main point of the series the real selling point is the interaction and growth of the characters themselves. Plus Chitanda is friggin adorable....

There's a few.
Habeeb it...

Offline Lorric

I think it was a bit more specific, like "She forgets all the stuff about her friends and what she did with them". She's actually good with school for example since she avoids getting friends and have all the time in the world for studying.
Yeah, I googled it. It's just friends, she remembers everything else. And she's aware of it, the memory loss every week with friends.

In that case, you'd have to bring a videocamera along after making friends with her and film yourself doing stuff with her. Then when she forgets, just show her the footage. "Hey, we're friends." :)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I would agree with log horizon and girls and panzer, but hyouka I find to be one of the most boring things I've ever watched... I'm really draggin myself through each episode. The 'mysteries' are as dumb and uninteresting as they get and I personally find Chitanda friggin annoying. The animation is amazing though, just... so wasted on this show.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

Space Battleship Yamato 2199

It's a very pretty space adventure.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Space Battleship Yamato 2199

It's a very pretty space adventure.
+1
Urutorahappī!!

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Yeah, I googled it. It's just friends, she remembers everything else. And she's aware of it, the memory loss every week with friends.

That's an oddly specific memory disorder.

I mean, is there some sort of supernatural curse at work, or something?

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
but hyouka I find to be one of the most boring things I've ever watched... I'm really draggin myself through each episode. The 'mysteries' are as dumb and uninteresting as they get and I personally find Chitanda friggin annoying. The animation is amazing though, just... so wasted on this show.

Pleb :p

Naah, I do understand if some find it boring. Especially if the characters do not click then there's nothing to go for.
Habeeb it...

Offline Lorric

That's an oddly specific memory disorder.

I mean, is there some sort of supernatural curse at work, or something?
It said it was because of a car accident.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Pleb :p

Naah, I do understand if some find it boring. Especially if the characters do not click then there's nothing to go for.
I feel if the show was just about Oreki being lazy 24/7, the show would be around 68.3% better  :p
Urutorahappī!!

I'm also going to have to recommend both Girls und Panzer and Log Horizon.  Girls und Panzer is pretty self-descriptive and amazingly smut-free, and Log Horizon can be self-aware at times, most notably when the ominous glasses nudging starts getting lampshaded.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Log Crapizon is a load of crap, as the title suggest. This is just a very personal opinion of course.
I'm currently watching mushishi season 1, cause aparently is was one of the best the animes a few years back and it's getting a season 2 right now. So... yeah. It's quite good btw.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, Mushishi is a masterpiece.

Also y'all need better suggestions.  Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex, Serial Experiments Lain, I could keep going for a long time. :p

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That's more my cup of tea.
Also Akira, MD GEIST, spriggan, cyber city oedo, guyver and fist of the north star, ninja scroll.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Yeah, Mushishi is a masterpiece.

Also y'all need better suggestions.  Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Ghost in the Shell: Stand-Alone Complex, Serial Experiments Lain, I could keep going for a long time. :p
Cowboy bebop is a decent show but it really isn't all that good. 99% of the time when it gets recommended as a 'omgbbqmustwatch' its done by americans who saw it on tv back in the day (dubbed ofcourse) and it was 'their first anime'. True story  :p
Trigun falls sort of in the same category, it really isn't anything special imho. (Not sayin that its bad or anything either)
Wolf's rain I dropped out of boredom after 7-8 episodes. Horrible emo show
GitS is pretty good tho.
Also why aren't Outlaw star and Black lagoon in this list of yours? huh? whats your excuse?
[/opinions]

That's more my cup of tea.
Also Akira, MD GEIST, spriggan, cyber city oedo, guyver and fist of the north star, ninja scroll.
Dekker likes his classics O:
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I feel if the show was just about Oreki being lazy 24/7, the show would be around 68.3% better  :p

That's one pretty accurate estimate :D

Well, if we're going for the classics, then: SDF Macross (and it's follow ups), Gundams.... HAH, actually I think I could even recommend The Legend of Galactic Heroes, but that's some serious space opera.
Habeeb it...