Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305301 times)

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Still, 22/45 isn't a vast majority, but at least it is a majority.
Er... no. 22/45 is just shy of a majority. 23/45 would be a majority.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

And again, I over-edit my post and end up with stupid crap. Yeah, I replaced 36 with 45 after writing most of the comment. My bad.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Trainz!

Oh yea Space Dandy S2 starts on this Sunday. I've been waiting for it. The first 13 eps were superb.
Habeeb it...

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Trainz!

Yeah I heard about that one; hopefully it becomes available in Australia in some fashion soon!

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Let's keep the fingers crossed. So far it seems like a good fun series. Nothing extraordinary of course, just simple fun.

And Trains.
Habeeb it...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Space Dandy was a hell of a ride, pretty funny stuff.

Trains is not gonna be any good, unless you are somekind of trains freak or something. And even then it's still gonna be hard for you to find it amusing.
I'd recommend to take a look at Barakamon, there are other things that look promising like Akagame kill and maybe Gekkan shoujo.

SAO II is there as well, watched it but kirito keeps being as ****ing annoying as it was before, I'll keep watching just because ppl keep telling me it's the "best arc ever" and "they cannot possibly screw this one up" though I personally doubt the second one.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
As in SAO season two, or another series I'm not aware of?  If it's the former, cut your losses.  It's not worth it.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It is a second season, so yeah.  Even the "good part" of the first series was pretty dire, and that second arc...my God.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Yeah it's that SAO, not sure which arc is this. not talking about the one with the fairies though. It's something new about a gun mmo.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Space Dandy was a hell of a ride, pretty funny stuff.

That was indeed quite a start for a season. Damn I laughed.

Barakamon,

Oh yea I did check that one out. Perfect comfy series to watch on a sunday evening.
Habeeb it...

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I'm actually a little surprised at the starting line up this cycle.  I was expecting to outright despise most (*cough* Aldnoah.Zero / Akama Ga Kill! *cough*) of the new series based on their descriptions, but they invariably opened in ways that were pretty awesome in terms of tone and spectacle.

As for SAO II, the first episode was pretty slow and clunky.  Though if the ending sequence is anything to go by, the action sequences should be fairly impressive when they get around to them.  I just hope they lean away from the nonsense that was the second part of the first series. <crosses fingers>

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Knights of sidonia.
It's feels attack on titan crossed with bits of evangelion and gundam.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
And add a harem to it cause why not?
Also, I've been enjoying the heck out of Haikyuu, I recommend it to ppl that like those sports/competition-like animes.
el hombre vicio...

Kirito got about 30 seconds of screentime in the 2nd episode of SAO2, not sure if this is indicative of things to come but maybe the writers finally realised that his character is stupid and doesn't work.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Kirito got about 30 seconds of screentime in the 2nd episode of SAO2, not sure if this is indicative of things to come but maybe the writers finally realised that his character is stupid and doesn't work.

He just needs time off-screen to grind.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
wat? isn't him one of the main characters on this iteration of SAO as well?
I think you might not want to hold that hope a little to close to your heart.
el hombre vicio...

Nah, it's fine, he's a loli in GGO so he won't be as bad. You can take the most badly written cliche character, turn them into a loli and suddenly everything's fine.
It's a great tip for writers of anime or animesque media, If you can't write worth crap just spam lolis.

And I don't think Kirito needs to grind since his stats from SAO and ALO carry over, he has a well rounded build with very high STR and AGI(I think high AGI was one of the reqs for his dual-weilding).

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Nah, it's fine, he's a loli in GGO so he won't be as bad. You can take the most badly written cliche character, turn them into a loli and suddenly everything's fine.
It's a great tip for writers of anime or animesque media, If you can't write worth crap just spam lolis.

And I don't think Kirito needs to grind since his stats from SAO and ALO carry over, he has a well rounded build with very high STR and AGI(I think high AGI was one of the reqs for his dual-weilding).

If course they carry over.  God forbid he actually have to work at being ridiculously overpowered.  The best part of the entire series was when the game actually mattered, rather than being a convenient way to recycle the character with a new look.

I think they'll have 1 episode where he's about mediocre to show him getting used to GGO and "struggling" against the pros who basically do it full-time and after that it's back to OPland to show little girls his OPness.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That series really is the Twilight of anime.  It's extremely popular while simultaneously extremely terrible, for most of the same reasons as Twilight is.